Coffee anyone ?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is definitely me. Thankfully DH likes to run errands!
Can I send him a shopping list? :D =D
You know, I never used to make shopping lists when I lived in the city. Need two batteries? Jump in the car and go get them. 15 minutes later, want lunch? Jump in the car. (I haven't gone to a restaurant or burger joint in 5 months).
Now, I keep a shopping list in my phone at all times, and until something really pressing comes up, I just don't go. And make sure I get it ALL in one trip.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can we have a show of hands? How many of you hate going to town as much as I do? I'm not talking THE CITY. I mean a town 6 miles away, with one True Value and two traffic lights. I needed a few screws to finish a project today, and I procrastinated and put off until it was too late. And got almost nothing worthwhile accomplished. But I just hate to leave my little piece of ground anymore.

I hate driving to town... I hate most socializing.

I do like the coffee group I go to every Saturday morning.... but that is it.

AND, they are putting in a second traffic light in town!!! A real one, with red and green and yellow lights!

When I moved here there was 1 blinking red light.

We are now up to 2 blinking red, 1 that blinks red to one side and orange to the big street, and soon TWO full traffic lights!

:th

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:lol: Thats me , Im always driving to town for things that i forgot. Although my echo helps me keep a list on my phone, so lately that hasn't been an issue.Our nearest town/city is about a 20-25 minute drive away. Its a pretty decent size. Has everything I need and more. I like running errands for the most part. I feel like I live at Sams Club ....Im sure it will only get worse as my boys get bigger lol

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
We have lists...dry erase board on the fridge then to a scrap paper.
When I try to sell stuff online it's tough to find a time I will meet people....they all want to do it in the evening and right after a grocery trip....I never go to town for one thing. Even if it's making up an excuse to take kids to the library. Driving a truck all the time makes you hesitate about wasting fuel, my traverse wasn't much better either.

Last edited:

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
We have lists...dry erase board on the fridge then to a scrap paper.
When I try to sell stuff online it's tough to find a time I will meet people....they all want to do it in the evening and right after a grocery trip....I never go to town for one thing. Even if it's making up an excuse to take kids to the library. Driving a truck all the time makes you hesitate about wasting fuel, my traverse wasn't much better either.
I used paper for my lists but I always forgot the paper at home lol So having it go directly to my cell is so very helpful. Fuel prices can be rough. My SUV does ok, better then my husbands truck at least. It has an option where I can turn it on "eco mode" but you had better not try to pull out in traffic fast...with that mode on there is ZERO get up and go lol

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. It’s a rainy day, sure needed the rain. Going to find inside things to do. Think I’ll make Lamb shank stew.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a dry erase board on the fridge for grocery list and general memory boosts. I usually take a picture of my list when I'm heading to town. Sometimes it's helpful to sit in my truck in the parking lot and organize it on a piece of paper so I can cross things off as I put them in the cart. The days of walking in a store with a mental list are long gone.
Walk in a store and my mind becomes a complete vacuum...why am I here?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate driving to town... I hate most socializing.

I do like the coffee group I go to every Saturday morning.... but that is it.

AND, they are putting in a second traffic light in town!!! A real one, with red and green and yellow lights!

When I moved here there was 1 blinking red light.

We are now up to 2 blinking red, 1 that blinks red to one side and orange to the big street, and soon TWO full traffic lights!

:th

I know how discouraging that progress stuff is. We have been discovered. All the farm fields are disappearing and going up in
large ticky tacky houses on tiny lots. :confused:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The city of Tyler population is somewhere above 300,000. But on any given day, due to the small towns around Tyler, the fact that many work in Tyler, the population is northward of 500,000 and ALL of them are in their cars! Traffic is a pain.

Got lamb shanks in the crock pot with 2 quarts of chicken broth, 1 pint tomato sauce, lots of garlic and spices.

Rain gauge says 5/8” of rain, coming down softly, soaking in, very little run off-just what we needed.

DH wants to go to town. At least it’s not Tyler.