Coffee anyone ?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
well so far i already had to spank my daughter and she keeps trying to get into more trouble... it's gonna be a long day. hopefully i 'll get more done today then i did yesterday but we see what happens.
WHAT!!?? Spanking a child? Child Protective Services!!! Get your left thinking selves in here quick! We have a parent who's actually PARENTING a child, teaching them to be a respectful, and honor authority! How are we supposed to ruin our country if we allow thinking like that?
Good for you, hun. Nobody (should) enjoys spanking their child. Always made me feel kinda sick at my stomach when I had to resort to it. But, like culling an injured or sick animal, its a job a responsible adult knows must be done from time to time.
I never tell a parent HOW to raise their child, but since you already have the good sense to discipline your children, may I offer a suggestion? I was raised with a "switch". And used it with my children. It's a new, new generation, and in case you don't know what a switch is, it is a long thin tree limb, about as big around as a 16d nail, about 2 ft long, and flexible. With light strokes, stings like beejesus, but leaves no lasting marks or bruises. Once old enough to go outside alone, I (and my children) even had to go outside and get our own switch. That alone instilled enough dread and fear that the USE of the switch usually wasn't necessary.
Good on you for having the fortitude to raise your children to respect authority. Wish a few million other parents thought the same way. Our country would be a better place. Oh, and sorry your DD got to the point it was necessary. Always a tough time for a parent.
OK. Sorry everyone for getting on my soapbox. I'll shut up now. :old

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Looks like it's growing pretty well already!!

What keeps the trees from sprouting back up through the foot of hay?
Same thing weed guard does for weeds. Lack of sunlight. Remember, I said a FOOT of hay. And if any struggle through that, more hay on top. No sunlight for long enough and they give up and die....kinda like my houseplants always do.
Don't know. Never done it before. We'll see, and of course keep you all posted. Sounds a heckuva lot easier than grubbing all those roots out of this hard ground, of which I'm sure I'd miss enough to come back and I'd have to dig again.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i actually know what a switch is lol i had it used on me a few times and the two older have learned what that is as well already they just seen it used on something that makes a loud noise and that tends to straighten them up i have not had to use it on their butts. there all sorts of nutty advice when it comes to raising kids like one (i forget the name) but if they child is miss behaving you ignore the behavior and when they do something good you reward it. my husband said this when i told him about the article, child steals candy parent ignores child shares candy parent rewards its nuts to me to ignore a bad behavior i wouldn't even do that with my animals why would I with something much more precious. we discipline according to Gods word i believe its in proverbs(can never remember addresses well) but it says the parent who with holds the rod hates their child to me that says that there is a reason to spank but there also a reason to teach a child why they have gotten spanked i seen parents spank and when the child is ask why they got spanked they don't remember i make sure they understand and still know that i love them after words. my daughter doesnt respond to much punishment i tried the ok you colored on the walls now you need to clean the walls mine like to clean walls lol and today she volunteered to clean the toilets my children make punishing with extra chores pointless. they even happily clean up animal waste the stinks lol.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's 2:00 p.m. and still only 45f outside. Apologies to all of you who live in harsher climes, but that's COLD here. Everytime I start outside, before the door closes, I'm back inside. Guess those trees can wait another day. The sunshine is beautiful....through my kitchen window.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I thought I'd give all you folks in the rest of the country a chuckle. It's 5:00 p.m. Went out to collect eggs (6 for 6 today) and check on the rabbits. Its 49f. I put on a sweater, my heavy down parka, a stocking cap (one of the heavy ones from TSC) AND gloves. My hands were still cold. I think I'll definitely stay south of the Mason Dixon!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule , your weed picture wore me out. I will happily shovel snow for 5 months!

Took the boy kitties to town early this a.m. for the spay/neuter clinic. I felt so bad for them while I stood in line. They were in an all wire dog crate and I didn't have the courtesy to remember to bring a towel to put over it so they could "hide". They were pretty calm, but little Finnigan was ready to take on any dog who edged too close :yesss:. Have to go back to town in the dark to pick them up.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m tired. I quit at 4:00 still have some fence to clean a n a few more sneaky trees to dig up, chop with machete and wait till next year when that deep, deep knot of root sends up another one. But the weeds are pulled. Yup, definitely going with weed cloth for 2020. I’ve fought this for 5 years, ain’t gonna go for 6.