Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It will get better soon Al!!! 5 hours! I can't quite imagine how depressing that would be.

No sunlight for long enough and they give up and die....kinda like my houseplants always do.
You cover your houseplants with a foot of hay? No wonder they die! ;)
So I guess the hay thing in the garden works as long as you keep a foot on it all the time so the seeds underneath never get a chance.

Sounds a heckuva lot easier than grubbing all those roots out of this hard ground, of which I'm sure I'd miss enough to come back and I'd have to dig again.
Pigs, you need PIGS!

I thought I'd give all you folks in the rest of the country a chuckle. It's 5:00 p.m. Went out to collect eggs (6 for 6 today) and check on the rabbits. Its 49f. I put on a sweater, my heavy down parka, a stocking cap (one of the heavy ones from TSC) AND gloves. My hands were still cold. I think I'll definitely stay south of the Mason Dixon!
:gig:lol:
20° this morning, yep warmer than the last 2 days. Put on the Carhartt coat instead of the insulated Carhartt coveralls, winter pull on boots and gloves. No hat but then from your Avatar picture, I have quite a bit more natural insulation on my head.

Ok. Here you go, guy. Just tried this.
:thumbsup Looks like you found the right kind of bread!

About two hours away but, she would stay in a dorm.
  1. 2 hours would be quite a commute
  2. EVERY college kid should spend at least one year in the dorm. Whole different mix of people and backgrounds than they have spent their lives with to that point in their lives. You don't get that if you only see them in class. Likely as much of an important personal education as the classes are of "topic" education.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i hope yall all start feeling better promise.
Joshua completely over what ever it was thankfully. So tonight we having chicken taco soup, corn bread and sweet tea. Help yourselves i pretty sure i am not gonna make dessert tonight i went on a cleaning spree this morning/afternoon. i am kinda worn out but it is what it is.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'll take a cup this morning. At 7:30, its already warmer than all day yesterday, and the rain has stopped. Course, since I live on a red mud hill, going to feed the animals was like walking on a giant "slip n slide".

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
it's ironic you mention elderberry i been waiting for ours to come in since joshua got sick still hasn't arrived.
xerocles you mentioned being a winter wimb if it make you feel better i am to jot use to cold 50 are cold. today's high is 81 on Monday it goes to 60 with a low of 36 and Tuesday high in 40s with low of 31

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. It’s another sunny beautiful day here. Going to keep the granddaughters for the day. Our daughter is a college professor, she mentored a young man that is graduating today. He graduated with his associates degree already, today he’s graduating with his bachelors degree. He is 19. He invited her to his graduation. He was in college in Tyler and Commerce, 2 hours away, st the same time. He is going on to graduate school. Our daughter graduated with her bachelors at 19, had 2 masters degrees at 22. She is proud of this young man.

Today we’ll play with kids, it will be a day of rest.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is also warmer here already than all day yesterday. Started with 1/4 inch coating of ice on everything yesterday, then just rain and clouds. Fog last eve. Rain this morning, cloudy but supposed to pass through and be maybe partly sunny later, but then the wind pickining up. Sun for Sunday then rain again the early part of next week. Got to go test this afternoon, then again Monday and Wed; so far.