Coffee anyone ?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just did my Christmas "good deed". There was a car wreck in front of my property. Setting sun is DIRECTLY in front of the highway this time of year. One car put on brakes (due to the sun). Car behind got stopped in time. Car behind that one didn't. I checked to see about any injuries, emergency crews notified, etc. Car with a mom and 3 pre-teen daughters. Truck wiith a "good ol boy". Everyone was ok. Hwy patrol took forever to come. So I came to the house and made a pot of hot chocolate and thermosed to them. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm glad there were no injuries. There is a place on I/89 running south just north of Winooski where people come around the curve to the left and are blinded at the "right" time of morning. Doesn't help that twice a year the clocks change and it happens all over again.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas ALL !!!🎅

Slow morning here. Breakfast with DD & DGD in a while.....then "home alone". LOL As in the movie, sometimes we have surprises. Yesterday, as I was putting out hay, a goat horn hit me just above the eyebrow. Not a seemingly hard hit, put a little bump quickly arose. Once inside, I saw the little bruise spot. This morning, when washing my face, I looked into the mirror and saw this surprise decoration....

1225190840.jpg

I haven't had a shiner in years! LOL Hope it clears some before I head back to work....don't think I have enough concealer to cover this. :lol: Yep all from that little round spot above the eyebrow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone! @Mini Horses you got a not so pretty Christmas present. LOL

We are out of town, neighbors are watching our place. One neighbor texted at 8:30 last night, our dogs were going nuts. He walked to the fence, didn’t see anything, dogs settled down. Dogs went nuts again around 10, neighbor Robert drove over, pulled up to gate and walked to the house. He said Sentry was really barking. Didn’t see anything, went home. At 1AM neighbor Ron heard the dogs barking like mad, he drove over. Carson had a bobcat cornered right at the sheep barn. Carson turned his head to look at Ron, the bobcat took off. So a bobcat is stalking our lambs! So proud of our dogs and grateful for the best neighbors anyone could ever have. When Robert goes to feed this evening, I told him to put Trip on the sheep barn for the night. Love our dogs and neighbors! Merry Christmas y’all!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was close Bay!!! Good doggies!

WOW, that's quite a shiner. Have a good one and just tell everyone that you got it worse than the other guy!!!!
Oh HECK NO! you say "Yeah but you should see the other guy!".

Wow Mini, that is pretty ugly if you don't mind me saying so. On the other hand you could have lost an eye if the horn hit was an inch or so farther down so not too bad after all is considered.

Latest posts