Coffee anyone ?

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Happy new year. Have an afternoon cuppa on me. I’d like to thank everyone on this forum for all the great advice and encouragement on our new family adventure to build a homestead and mini farm for hopefully generations of my family to enjoy and keep going. Hope everyone has an amazing 2020 I know I will do my best to make it so.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all also. Didn't stay upto watch a ball drop and since I woke up this morning, I think that it is a good start to the new year. Weather still a bit warmer than normal but not going to complain. No ice, no snow, no miserable cold temps. Yup, good start to the new year. Hope that 2020 is a good one for all.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. DH back to work. Not sure what we are going to do....I need to get some bill stuff and this and that. Tried to find someone to go trail riding but everyone is busy plus it's supposed to be windy. Split Firewood is all stacked. May just clean house and prep schoolwork.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Breakfast here this morning is a bowl of oatmeal with honey, butter and cinnamon.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good happy new year morning to all. A crisp 33 at wake up but heading to low 60s and I'll take it!! A few light rain showers tonight and tomorrow...they say "scattered". I'd like to NOT be scattered upon. :D =D

Breakfast was leftover chicken breast from last night. It was yummy. Fast for this AM & went well with my coffee. Today it's back to work for me. About 4-5 hr, no big deal EXCEPT that I'm getting so in love with so much time at home to do what I need and want. :old

Bet my animals are wondering why I'm late....Oh, well.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The animals don't know the day of the week but I think they like Thursdays. I get the trash and recycle to the road by 7:30 then go do animal chores. It is usually later all the other days, at least in winter.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy New Year! i have no idea if today is still new years but if i am late oh well. lots going on cant keep track of days or times lol don't ask me for directions i will most certian get you lost today. My dh grandparents (without us talking about it or asking) offered him their current house and five acres they thinking about moving to a retirement home because of grandpa's health issues. he has Parkinson's and dementia and has been going down hill. he kept falling the other day so there that. we still discussing housing and jobs hubby starting his own business so working all that out and for now its a side business until we find out about his current job and the job offers he has had.. life is never calm it seems. also found another large snakes skin in the yard(technically kids found it) looks like a solid color no pattern so i thinking texas eat snake i kept seeing a big one hanging out and the hens kept going on strike until the pigs came so yeah. but we do have rattle snakes, cotton moyths/water moccasins around i highly doubt either one still not a pleasant sight with young kids around.

Attachments

• 15780029637311959422319.jpg
    15780029637311959422319.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 15780030827801966350116.jpg
    15780030827801966350116.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 118

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Happy New Year! i have no idea if today is still new years but if i am late oh well. lots going on cant keep track of days or times lol don't ask me for directions i will most certian get you lost today. My dh grandparents (without us talking about it or asking) offered him their current house and five acres they thinking about moving to a retirement home because of grandpa's health issues. he has Parkinson's and dementia and has been going down hill. he kept falling the other day so there that. we still discussing housing and jobs hubby starting his own business so working all that out and for now its a side business until we find out about his current job and the job offers he has had.. life is never calm it seems. also found another large snakes skin in the yard(technically kids found it) looks like a solid color no pattern so i thinking texas eat snake i kept seeing a big one hanging out and the hens kept going on strike until the pigs came so yeah. but we do have rattle snakes, cotton moyths/water moccasins around i highly doubt either one still not a pleasant sight with young kids around.
yuck

life is always a challengealways something going on isn't there? prayers for your decision-making and job stuff

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You will seldom find snakes where there are hogs. They will kill them, poisonous or not. When we had hogs, the snake population just disappeared. But it is an established fact that hogs will kill snakes. So that ought to make it better for your kids and their safety in the yard.

So the offer of moving into the house and having 5 acres is to "give it to you" ???? Legally and all? Will that mean that you will not have a mortgage or any kind of loan payment? If so, then figure what it will take for you to be able to survive and pay the bills. Then you and your husband can make the decision of what kind of job he needs to be able to provide for a decent living. Not having to make a big mortgage payment can really offer you options in income "needs and wants"....

Latest posts