Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
January 2018! It got in single digits. Good thing our snowmageddons only last 3-4 days!

54714E63-E1E0-44C1-A8E6-5F9DFC3A66F5.jpeg

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s 4* here. I’m keeping the animals in. I’m waiting to do my chores till around 9...maybe it’ll be 6*? :lol: we got about 24-15”of snow in the last three days...with ice mixed in there so you have to be very careful how you walk, and walking out to the barn, you fall through that thick crust. Makes carry buckets of water, not fun...:(. The tank isnt frozen, it’s the valve handle...it’s plastic so we can’t take the torch to it... :he So, I carry many, many buckets. On the upside, our egg production is wayyyy up! Now we just need people to start buying. We have two regular customers, but we need some more, now that we’re getting 20 a day..and that number will just rise with 35 hens, once the pullets are a little older. We’re in the money:weee

Ducks, I used to haul water for the horses in the winter. Instead of carrying them I used a plastic sled to slide it along. Much easier on the body. The 5 gallon buckets with lids worked the best, less sloshing because when you have to haul water you don't want to waste a single drop, lol.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I gotta say that Bay got more snow than we did here that year. Not complaining -- I like to see others in snow clothes! :lol: This was my 2018 snow -- plenty!
0130180845 (2).jpg

So far nothing more since then. Oh, one morning we did get a few flakes mixed with rain.....over in 1/2 hr. Still the chance as we have gotten some of the biggest hits the first week of March. Not wanting any.

! We all did a 500 piece puzzle together

I love to do puzzles! When I was just 7 or 8 I used to sit with an older lady and we'd do puzzles...big ones. They kept one going on a card table all the time. LOL

buckets with lids worked the best, less sloshing because when you have to haul water you don't want to waste a single drop, lol.

What an understatement!!! BTDT. You just treasure every drop. I carry out hot water, as it will melt ice & lightly heat rest. So, less to carry....but trudging thru that crap to open the tanks is the pits! I've also kept a heated tub in the barn aisle so I could dip from it to add to the smaller buckets. I LOVE the heated tubs, not the electric bill. So, one to serve many helped.

Today I had to break some ice but, not much more. The wind took a toll on the water, even more than the temps.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
22° this morning
Have to use a hair dryer at least once a year on the rabbit shed door...fortunately there's an outlet next to it. For the heated water bucket for the dog and cats. Electric bill goes up in the winter... I am really hoping to have a better watering systems when we move...

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ducks, I used to haul water for the horses in the winter. Instead of carrying them I used a plastic sled to slide it along. Much easier on the body. The 5 gallon buckets with lids worked the best, less sloshing because when you have to haul water you don't want to waste a single drop, lol.
We use the sled to haul feed..I was wondering about the water..you didn’t lose too much and then have too much Ivey spots?