Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses , hows the black eye doing? Mine finally disappeared.

Thank you for asking -- mine left also...slowly and colorfully!

when i am caught up i have to do 4-5 loads a day

You need a commercial size girl.... with the size of your family, it only makes sense. Especially with so many young ones.
Well, all but ONE is young. :hide

Funny because when I was young that was about the only thing that was appetizing when I was sick. Broth and just enough small noodles to give it some texture

Exactly! Tasty, too. It's nice when you just want the taste and no volume...like late evening.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. It is raining, just above freezing, a cold rainy day. I’ll be in the kitchen all day. We bought beef liver yesterday for 25 cents a pound and got 69 pounds! We ran out of my canned dog food, so I’m excited. For $17.25 I can probably fill up every quart jar I have and then some. I counted and have 46 wide mouth quart jars. At 7 quarts per pressure canner batch, for 90 minutes each, cool down and heat back up, I don’t think I’ll be done today! LOL I don’t think I have enough jars....... My house is going to smell like liver. (Shiver-yucky face, shiver) my dogs ought to be glad I love them so much.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay if you lived closer I have plenty of jars I currently not using. And I second on the gross factor on liver I am not a fan I am squimish about eating somethings organs the other two things I won't touch because my brain can't get past something are clams/orysters(they a giant bugger the filter the water no thanks), and animal feet sorry but I know where they been no amount of cleaning going to make it seem appealing to eat.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee promise oh before I forget I don't know if you have looked at either of these sights but I currently use education.com for school worksheets and computer games /typing. Then the other I am looking into is kidskonnect.com looks like a good filler for some lessons. Incase I already shared I apologize.. I can't remember if I had or not...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee promise oh before I forget I don't know if you have looked at either of these sights but I currently use education.com for school worksheets and computer games /typing. Then the other I am looking into is kidskonnect.com looks like a good filler for some lessons. Incase I already shared I apologize.. I can't remember if I had or not...
I have but it's been awhile ago. We do want to start my son on typing...so might look it up again.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another cold start @ 26 but we're up to 30! Going to 40. :yesss: It is winter....after all.

Coffee still hot, help yourself.

Sunshine abounds so I hope to get out there for a while, after lunch. Few things to do on computer first. checking my schedules, seems Feb will begin the pickup of work. Wish they could do these resets in the cold weather, slowing in the warm Spring when I really want to be home.

Couple weeks.....start plant time. Yeah!! I'm ready. actually, I can usually get some cold crop items out late Feb or early Mar....cabbage, greens, turnips, etc. May need a cover some nights for a couple weeks. Just want to grow.

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is raining, just above freezing, a cold rainy day.
It is just above freezing here today as well and mostly sunny!

I took DD2 to pick up her car at the body shop on the way to her work this morning, it is 18 miles east. Got up at 6, I don't ever get up at 6 ;) But since I was going to be out and about I had made arrangements last night to go to the farm that has beef steaks at the Farmer's Market in the Spring-Fall after I dealt with the car business. They are 18 miles north of the auto body place. I'd given the lady my number since she said they were sending 2 animals in Dec, they just got them back last week. So now I have steaks for a couple of months since we generally eat steak once a week. They sell veg as well but I didn't know that they are also a dairy with about 150 cows.

I made chicken and veg broth yesterday, the chickens got the non liquid parts after I got home today. They seemed quite pleased.