Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule sooo sorry about that knee. Yeah, that knee is gonna make things tough for a while now. Look at it this way, at least your DGD remembered to go get Pawpaw....AND you have that mule. Otherwise, a wheelbarrow ain't much for a ride! I'm sure you know the drill to help ease the pain. good luck. How long before medicare?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well i am up not sure if i go back to sleep. Police have some One stopped at my husband's dad's. House he went over to see what is going on. And to make sure fencing intacted

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule sooo sorry about that knee. Yeah, that knee is gonna make things tough for a while now. Look at it this way, at least your DGD remembered to go get Pawpaw....AND you have that mule. Otherwise, a wheelbarrow ain't much for a ride! I'm sure you know the drill to help ease the pain. good luck. How long before medicare?
That little girl ran all the way to the house and ran to her Papaw yelling, "Papaw! Mamaw's knee! Mamaw's knee! Mamaw hurt her knee!" He knew what that meant and ran to the door and I told him to bring the mule. This morning I can touch my foot to the floor and put a tiny bit of weight on it. Yeah, I know the pain drill, ain't my first rodeo. I'm having coffee, had a double spoonful of turmeric mixed with coconut oil, with a side order of 3 Advil and rubbed down with Arnicare. In recliner, feet propped up, pillow under knee. Going to be a gorgeous day today, that really hurts! Tomorrow will be rain, we'll go to town tomorrow, run errands and hit the taco truck. LOL LOL 5 months to Medicare. Counting down.

And it was COLD out there! :plbb

:lol: I've done that too, without the house shoes. Since DH had a 3rd security light added, now our whole driveway is lit up so I got to be careful. Don't want to cause blindness, heart attack, polio, or permanent emotional distress to anyone driving by at that moment. :lol:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. We got our traverse back... not sure the transmission is 100%.... DH says it may just have to relearn things....now it needs new struts... it's always something.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Uggh, gotta hate that..good luck with that. That’s what’s great about having a hubby who’s addicted to cars, there’s always a spare transmission laying around..:lol: Going early to the store just to get some ketone strips for the girls....praying it’s nothing...but, JHP Homesteading thinks it’s a good idea to check, his girl has it, and my dear Busty is being too sluggish. :(. Hoping she’s just fat. Quick question goat owners..I’m checking ligaments like crazy...I know they run rightdown beside the tail...they are normally stiff...well If I’m doing it right, my girls’ it’s feel kind of mushy...and they have 3-5 days to go...does it extend wider out, more toward the bony area?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
so we also got a dog put in our custody, she either gets taken to some house she possibly belongs at or we keep her or we take her to a shelter... she a pit bull mix looks to be under a year old not fixed and is very human friendly. took stella out to meet her (the other dog was locked in a cattle trailer) and normally i am good with animal body langue but she confusing she was excited about me and when stella would smell her (no aggression from stella just curious) she would do this freeze everything but tail and kinda grow bark wimper thing and could not tell if she wanted to bite stella or not so yeah not sure if i want to test that plus my husband not a fan of pits i could care less the breed, breed doesnt make the dog all the time

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
so we also got a dog put in our custody, ... she a pit bull mix breed doesnt make the dog all the time
IMHO find the owner, or take to a shelter. "Breed doesnt make the dog all the time". True. But sometime breeding WILL come out. Just as LGDs instinctively protect herds, and aggressive rabbits are culled from breeding lines, certain behavior traits CAN be there, regardless of the treatment. Pits were developed to be viciously aggressive. Not all are. They can be very loving family pets. But sometimes a loving pet can get a (unrealized) trigger and genetic behavior can rise to the surface. It only takes an instant for tragedy to happen.
I personally might consider keeping. Heck, my dog now has pit mix. But it's just me, out in the country. If I had four precious bundles of boisterous energy around, no WAY I'd trust generations of genetics to be overcome, no matter how loving the dog seemed in the beginning.