Coffee anyone ?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Can’t edit on my phone, knee still swollen, still painful but I can limp and put a little weight on it. So...... off I go! I did sit in recliner most of the day. LOL
You let a little fall in the pasture put you in the recliner all day? Let me tell you about MY day. I.... I....well, I.... OK, I got out of bed. Then I..... Well, shame on you for not doing anything all day, anyhow. ;)
Hope the knee feels better quickly.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses, do you really think I’m gonna stop??

Not a chance!!!

BUT -- I would have at least used vet wrap for added support. :old

AND after the op -- you must use more caution until it gets some healing. MAYBE DH will make "payback" part of life after the operation...…..hog tie you! :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got to wondering if a new knee could take what I dish out. I wonder if it would hold up to a couple of big dogs slamming into it. Boy, if that broke, that could be a real mess. If I got thrown off a horse... my knee is crap, but the new one better be made out of tough stuff. LOL

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Baymule. Do you use a knee brace? It's a constant for me. PITA but not as much as a knee out. Usually only wear when I plan strenuous activity (which sounds like 24/7 for you) like heavy lifting or playing tackle football with the dogs :lol: . seriously, gives support, but especially keeps it from going the wrong way (hinged reinforcement only bends one way.) About 15 bucks and worth every penny to avoid even one episode like you just had.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule. Do you use a knee brace? It's a constant for me. PITA but not as much as a knee out. Usually only wear when I plan strenuous activity (which sounds like 24/7 for you) like heavy lifting or playing tackle football with the dogs :lol: . seriously, gives support, but especially keeps it from going the wrong way (hinged reinforcement only bends one way.) About 15 bucks and worth every penny to avoid even one episode like you just had.
I have several, I only use them when I'm in unbearable pain. I can't wear them every day, it slows me down. The dogs knocked me flat once before but they didn't take my knee out. They got excited and jumped all over me, licking my face, I got up spitting sand where they stepped on my face. Gotta love them.
I'll be limping around for a few weeks, maybe.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was a great day here....DGD received her written award/acceptance at VCU, with a full ride!! She was one of 42 who had applied for six available openings in their theatre program. Bonus, she also received one of three fully paid....even her dorm, etc. We are so, so excited and PROUD! She graduates this June and goes there for Fall. Honor Roll student and all that! What a gift. She also had been awarded a $10K scholarship, last Spring but, may not collect it now if not needed with this award from VCU. Another student can then benefit with that grant.

It's about 1.5 hrs away, so not a bad ride to visit here or there, in Richmond, VA. Excellent rated school. She will study production, not acting, so the lighting, stage, film, and all the things "behind the scenes". She became interested in this here in our own rural but progressive school system & has been working with lighting, taping, etc, at the school. She's taken all manner of math, science & language courses (straight As in 2 yr of latin! Who takes latin?)...college prep stuff. SATs excellent, she has earned it! :yesss: We are blessed.

That's my brag. Had to share. LOL

Latest posts