Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got hay yesterday, @promiseacres . Alas, I had to spend $$ -- wish I had raised mine because it sure makes it easier to handle. LOL It is some really nice hay, however. Orchard/alfalfa mix.

It is 30 and such heavy, heavy frost out there that it looks like someone spray painted everything white. Cold. Pretty at first glance, it's sparkly and serene. The goats are still in their barn, the horses out and don't care about it. :idunno I am still viewing it with coffee in hand. Listening to news this AM "they say" our "norm" for this time is 49 days...…..we are hovering that but, I sure don't feel like it's "norm". Somehow, I just remember the colder days. Sure won't complain if "their norm" is what we have all month!

@farmerjan, thanks! I know you are hustling this last week before that long anticipated ankle surgery. Spring will be much nicer for you this year!!! Just keep that thought. :yesss:

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan ...I didn’t realize you were having the surgery this soon..I’m glad to hear it. I pray it goes well. I realize that yours is much worse off than mine was...but, hopefully you’ll get as good of an outcome!!

Today is Storm’s due date...if she actually took the day she was exposed. So, we’ll see. Other than that..a normal day day of farming...woohoo! :)

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean about animal shopping..now is the time to buy...apparently? I’m finding a lot of good deals in our area. Just not pot belly pigs..or they are ugly. No offense to the pigs. :lol:

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know what you mean about animal shopping..now is the time to buy...apparently? I’m finding a lot of good deals in our area. Just not pot belly pigs..or they are ugly. No offense to the pigs. :lol:
Too bad you're up in snow country. These are $50 each.
00q0q_lJPku1AIYh6_1200x900.jpg

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Taking a break after loading and getting hay....icing my hip....as DS was "throwing" bales down and hit me with one as I bent to grab one.... not good when you fall back down after you get up the first time. Doesn't help my back hasn't been great lately anyways. Still need to unload the hay...:\ just 23 bales fortunately

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Taking a break after loading and getting hay....icing my hip....as DS was "throwing" bales down and hit me with one as I bent to grab one.... not good when you fall back down after you get up the first time. Doesn't help my back hasn't been great lately anyways. Still need to unload the hay...:\ just 23 bales fortunately

Ouch! Hope it's not a long lasting injury.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So got the hay unloaded and other than I'm sore and achey and a nice big bruise but overall I am feeling better. We'll see how I feel tomorrow though. At least I have hay for about 2 weeks. I stuck it in my trailer rather than use the garden tractor and wagon as DH says it's too soft to take the truck in the pasture... less bouncing on the tractor and loading and unloading.