Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh PA, so sorry you got hit by a hay bale. For sore muscles and injuries I heartily recommend Arnicare rub on cream. That stuff is a life saver. Every farm should come with a half dozen tubes, a “starter kit” upon purchase of the farm. It numbs the pain for 4 hours.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s been dreary and cold all day. I made a crock pot of lamb shank stew with smoked sausage. I finally found a Keto bread recipe I like, so we had a filling lunch. We’ll have it again for supper, lunch tomorrow, then the rest goes in the freezer. I may make some broccoli cheese soup for tomorrow night. Last night I browned a pound of ground pork with a packet of taco seasoning, then spooned it over sautéed chopped cabbage.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last night I browned a pound of ground pork with a packet of taco seasoning, then spooned it over sautéed chopped cabbage.
That really sounds good!
1580331857570.png
At my house DH would insist on some hot Rotel or Picante as a finishing touch, lol. Me - I'd top it with some shredded cheese!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
:barnie:barnieso today was fun, got in the car to go pick up a buck(rabbit) for our doe, and first I miss our exit so have to turn around find a bank to get cash only to realize i neverr grabbed my wallet call the person to reschedule she says i can still get him today and pay tomorrow. Start heading there only to notice my gas tank is near empty i have enough barely to make it home so had to cancel again get 10miles from home just for the car to change its mind and say i have enough to make it 3 more miles i go park at a gas station and wait for hubby he gets there we fill up and go home. Did i mention all four kids were with me ....now questioning if i want to go out anytime soon lol. My oldest son got an excellent nap that was a bonus lol

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad you're up in snow country. These are $50 each.View attachment 69382
Oh my gosh...sooo cute!! We got a lead on some minis at TS today...a guy is selling his farm to move to Las Vegas!! He has a bunch of animals we are going to look at....hmmm. Oh, also, while at TS we met a wom that works there who has a big farm, with 14 ND goats...she was. Very knowledgable and said we could fritter on FB. I don’t do that since I got ‘hacked’. So, Chris and de next time we are in, we are going to leave my email to ask if we could visit her farm...She was just that friendly that we are pretty sure she would say yes. But, this would be someone in our area that we could see their set up, and learn from...she said she has some bucks...so perhaps that would open options too? She also sells her eggs right at TS ...she has 140 chickens! So, I think she’d be someone we could definitely learn from, about an hour away! :)

Last edited:

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bet th
:barnie:barnieso today was fun, got in the car to go pick up a buck(rabbit) for our doe, and first I miss our exit so have to turn around find a bank to get cash only to realize i neverr grabbed my wallet call the person to reschedule she says i can still get him today and pay tomorrow. Start heading there only to notice my gas tank is near empty i have enough barely to make it home so had to cancel again get 10miles from home just for the car to change its mind and say i have enough to make it 3 more miles i go park at a gas station and wait for hubby he gets there we fill up and go home. Did i mention all four kids were with me ....now questioning if i want to go out anytime soon lol. My oldest son got an excellent nap that was a bonus lol
I bet th e kids were sooo disappointed...glad you didn’t run out of gas!! Yikes!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've left home with no money & no cards! BUMMER --- and you always find your gas is low at that point. Other day, I left without wallet -- no cards, no license....on empty. I had planned to stop, etc. So, had a whole $3. between what I found in pockets & console. Bought $3 & drove home. Only 6 miles, but --- :lol:

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, now we have an entirely new deal going down! We found this guy who moved to Las Vegas...well, he basically wants us to buy all his animals...for very good deals! We are definitely buying the tree pigs. That’s done. They aren’t fixed, they’re young and tiny. Juliana mix. Perfect..they’ll be small enough, but also sturdy enough to handle our climate! Then, he wants me to buy his six goats...dirt cheap. He just can’t take his an8mals out there.Theres a long story to it..I won’t bore you guys...he had ND and three fainting...he’ll give me all six for $250...or $75 per doe. But in a previous conversation he said $50...you see he’s a disabled vet, with a badddd memory. He can’t keep track of what we say. I write it all down. He’s even willing to throw in some chickens for free. He’ll sell the dog igloos for $100 plus the shed they live in. I think it all sounds good. He was selling eggs to the local grocery store for years. 100 dz every two weeks. He said he made a lot of money off the animals so he’s fine with letting them go cheap. We’ll see...I’m sure a Chris will want to haggle a bit on price for the dog igloos...or that we don’t want all the goats. :( I think it’s perfect time...some of his are kids too...these deals don’t last...if we hesitate..they’ll be gone by next week!! Wish me luck!! Going at 3tomorrow!! That’s if Stormy doesnt have other plans! :lol: