Coffee anyone ?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I looked on their website to buy pumpkin seeds by the pound...but didn’t see that type of option. Do you know if they do that type of thing?

Take a look at Fedco seeds.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Duckfarmerpa1 try SeedsNSuch.com....they sell large quantity and low shipping! Large selection AND field seed for pastures. Veggies, flowers, field, hey -- got it all.

Been working outside all day and I am ready to jump in that bed.!! Did get a lot of fence issues resolved, up, fixed, as needed. My son pounded about 30 T posts in for me -- nice to have some help. This evening, at dark, I got some hens moved from a back of farm coop to one closer up.....now just train to it, over next couple of weeks, as I free range them. And a few roos to the pen I just removed these hens from. No, the roos won't get to range now, just eat, poop and wait.

Weather was brisk but good for working. I'm set for other project tomorrow. More chicken coop musical chairs, for one.

Oh, in the middle of it, Hershey decided to kid. A first timer and she did really well. Quickly popped twin white bucklings….well, that could have been better if does. but, all ok. She wasn't "sure" she wanted to tend them but, did and quite well. They were both nursing and all else was fine. The doe with her 4 day olds had to give up her corner but, all worked ok and it was her day to be released -- good timing! Looks like I "might" have 2 more kid this week...checking butts, estimating. Getting more dividers ready to pen as needed. They will be against a wall until I need to connect them. Hershey is a little miffed that her sister isn't next to her as usual BUT -- the doe & kids released we welcomed by her twin does of 2 yrs ago....They've been sleeping next to her stall for 4 days! Goats truly stay connected in their family groups.

Gonna check SS and then to be. Sleep tight!!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take a look at Fedco seeds.

Thanks!! We are also hoping for the shorter harvest so this might fit the bill!!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses , thanks for the seed tip too! We are looking to change our hay over from timothy to mixed grasses...so that’d be great! We didn’t get any snow yesterday! The temperature got up to 32*, it’s supposed to hit that high again today!! Makes it very nice to be outside with the animals. @promiseacres , yesterday I had a new momma bunny with a box of 5 dead ones. :(. I thought she was done, so I took out the box. As I was doing chores she started going frantic at the cage wire and had another mouth full of fur. So, I put the nest box back in. I’m not sure if anything happened, perhaps she’s just confused. Good luck with your bunnies!

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Starting out to be a strange day. It's 34f outside. New GF made plans for us to go on a mineral dig with a friend of hers. I used to collect almost every weekend. Not so much for the past several years. But I jumped at the chance. Old memories and "togetherness".
I got up @ 6:00. Knocked out chores, boiled eggs for an on the go breakfast. Loaded all the tools in the truck, and tried to wake her at 7:00.(the mine opens@ 9:00-an hour away.) No response.7:30. No response.8:00. No response.9:00 No response. Hmmmmm. Oh well. She'll be remorseful later. I'll hopefully get an appropriate apology. And I won't have to hurt my back digging in wet, sticky mud. I can do that in my garden!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Xerocles -- did you check her pulse???? :idunno

Mark your calendar, I assure you it will come in handy one day …. uhhh, when another "adventure" arises. :lol:

My coffee is lovely. I'm enjoying it as chores are done and I can drink it slowly. Have some, there's a whole pot!

We're at 45 already with lovely sunshine!! Only heating another 5 but, welcome and lovely out. New kids are up and bouncing, new mom is doing great with them. The 4 day olds are sleeping next to the new ones by the divider while their mom is out eating her morning hay. The moved hens acting fine.....guess I'm waiting for the "ax to fall" LOL

Today I start seeds. :yesss: Son says he'll set up the little area for starters in a short while. Then I can set them out in that on the S side of the house. YES!! a beginning.

@Duckfarmerpa1 get vetch and spread around. It is a nitrogen fixer, reseeds, can be grazed and hayed, excellent high protein feed. Not expensive. I have a lot coming up several inches right now, of course -- waaay warmer than you. But, grows fast. Try it.

It's been so warm that my cooler weather grasses are up and growing well. Things are getting green!