Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
But I guess that depends on how high the berm is. (Assuming that's the snow hill you made with the truck as thats the first i have ever seen/heard the term used)
Yes, you guessed correctly.

That is what a berm is.

The north side of my house where the parking area is......I stuck an arrow pointing to the roof of my chicken coop.

20200221_134831.jpg

The big heavy plow truck:
20200221_134533.jpg

To the left of my front door, huge berm

20200221_134425.jpg

And 2 kids... this was when they were helping me get the neighbor unstuck
20200221_104436.jpg

Did I mention that this morning we pulled out the neighbor TWICE, and then the kids had to shovel me out.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No way a snow machine can pull a huge plow truck..

But the kids (glory to God I have such big strong kids! At least a couple of them are now stronger than me) spent an hour, shoveling the berm, making the tire chains a bit tighter, putting down ash, helping me turn the blasted steering wheel (yep, two people were needed to turn the wheel!!)

We got it out!!
Or, you could have just waited until tomorrow when all the snow melted. Oh, wait, that's here in SC. :lol:
Glad you got it out ok. Did out stop making thefunny sounds?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score

That is what a berm is.

The north side of my house where the parking area is......I stuck an arrow pointing to the roof of my chicken coop.

View attachment 70021

View attachment 70022

View attachment 70023

View attachment 70024

Did I mention that this morning we pulled out the neighbor TWICE, and then the kids had to shovel me out.ooo
First thats way to much snow no thank you. That is awesome you have sweet kids for sure!!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or, you could have just waited until tomorrow when all the snow melted. Oh, wait, that's here in SC. :lol:
Glad you got it out ok. Did out stop making thefunny sounds?
Nope.... still funny sounds....

I am thinking maybe it is the busted power steering.... I haven't yet looked to see how much that costs to replace... I checked the power steering fluid level and topped it off.... so it isn't just a leak.

And snow starts to melt about the end of April. But we can also get crazy amounts of snow in April too. By the end of May most of the snow is gone.

Mid June all snow is gone.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score

That is what a berm is.

View attachment 70021

View attachment 70022

View attachment 70023

View attachment 70024

Did I mention that this morning we pulled out the neighbor TWICE, and then the kids had to shovel me out.

That was good foresight having four strong boys!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No way a snow machine can pull a huge plow truck..
I was hoping you weren't REALLY REALLY stuck and a bit of a pull from a snow machine combined with the truck wheels turning would get it out. Maybe you need a winch on the back so you can "self rescue" assuming you can find something to attach it to.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a couple of winches, but they aren't strong enough to pull the plow truck uphill, and there was no tree on the right spot downhill...

I thought about it a bit... and I could have gotten a car to either end of the truck... but the car available to pull the truck uphill was I think too weeny... and if I used a car to pull the truck downhill the angle would be wrong and probably just pull the plow truck further into a ditch...

Which is why I picked boys first... and luckily lots of labor on their part worked!

Second choice would have been the local tow truck guys...they have a snazzy truck with a little boom that would have been able to lift up and scoot over the back end of the truck.

Their boom isn't strong enough to lift the back end of the plow truck, but it can sort of lift and scoot it. And that would have worked.

One year I dropped the back end of the plow truck so far into a deep ditch that they couldn't yank it out. They worked on it a long time too. They finally gave up, and I had to hire a back hoe to come out. The back hoe was strong enough it lifted the entire rear end of the truck and swung it back onto the road.

Now adays... I no longer plow to the edges of the road... I just messed up today since without power steering I just could not shift the truck fast enough!