Coffee anyone ?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put him on the tractor and we raked up swales in the horse pasture. Since he was having so much fun, he got to dump mulch on the pipeline and rake it out in the trail the horses made. The rain was washing it out, so he was made Chief of Erosion Control. I did cook him a good supper. Beef rib roast, gravy, imitation mashed potatoes
Keto approved mashed cauliflower and a salad.

Today he got the business end of a pitchfork. We made 5 loads of waste hay and spread it in the horse pasture. Took a lunch break, them back to the pitch fork. We put 5 mule loads of sheep poop in the garden.

Tomorrow morning I will make him his favorite crème brulee and refrigerate it. Our DD and family are taking us out to eat to celebrate his birthday. While he watches TV tomorrow night, he can eat his crème brulee.

He's still here, so I guess he is happy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!!:)

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres ...I’m sorry about the kits...that happened to me last week...new mom. 5kits too. Hopefully this week will bring you much better luck!

We got our new pigs all settled in last night. They are actually very sweet girls. America mini pigs. The one is on piglet watch. The new stud muffin, yet to be named, really likes our other girls. They are fast friends! Chris thinks we should we should name him ‘Latrine’ since he doesn’t smell too good. I said, think again... :lol:

Going to get up to 48* here!! Sooo excited! It was nice over the weekend but we were in the car the entire days, so we’re thrilled today!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
33 here, up to 50 later with rain coming. Not needed with previous rains (wettest & warmest Feb on records in many years)….the snow, now melted and WET. So 2 days of rain, any amount, is just not needed. It could be worse!! So, I'll endure and moan about it. Otherwise, another 50-60 daytime temps all week. That's good! I'm home all week and need to do everything I can because it will be the last full week I see for about 3 months that I will be "home". It's back to a few days here & there. Of course, some things are limited now with all the wet....like digging post holes. -- that fill with water before a post. Minor. LOL

The grasses are greening up here. Sparse from winter but, should recover in about 30 days. Then it will start to be "mow me" time. LOL I can't wait! I'm tired of hay ruling me. I have a couple fields I'd like to rough up but, not disc....need to drag them.

Time to get out there and feed, check butts -- kidding soon for more of the goats?? -- and open the coops. Yeah, starting late but enjoying coffee with you guys. :caf

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's still here, so I guess he is happy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like he had a great birthday, better than sitting around in a chair waiting to die ;)

Sure is giving my arms a workout.
Cheaper than a gym membership ... and the commute to the "gym" is very short :D

the paper towel had been on his face, because that scratch was hurting
That looks quite uncomfortable.

And here is the Beach on Saturday when is was still snowing and overcast

View attachment 70098
Somehow the beach isn't a place I'd think to go in the middle of winter in snow country.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our younger mini pigs were quite skittish before we got the boar. Now they are very friendly. Of course Chris had a smart comment for that! :lol:
D6B7BD0B-A998-4B69-99A7-7B07834844B1.jpeg
89B3B043-4AE6-4DB4-807A-F4DC776E17ED.jpeg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Today is our last nice day.....the snow will be back Wednesday. Getting 6-8”. At least a lot of ours melted, so there won’t be so much! Enjoy the nice weather!! :)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule coffee is hot! Snow is coming today.... possibly 8".... it doesn't bother me other than I do need to get hay on or by Friday... maybe things will finally freeze a couple more days.. Dd2 is feeling better today. Watching her close as she did have a deer tick after our afternoon in the woods....I did spray everyone with bug spray as I know other whom had them on their horses in the last month. Ticks in January &February is unheard of... :eek:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well i thought i would get stuff done now not so sure now hubby truck decide to die he believes its the battery or on other part that controls the fuel injection either way not fun. Hoping he gets it done soon cranky baby. Plus I got no chores done yet :barnie

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blue sky and sunshine here, at least for now. :weee20* but warming to 40*. They are saying 50'sby the end of the week.
Little miss is coming for her lessons soon. Haven't fed yet since she loves to help with that, and somehow Syringa got her hay net down and is pawing it all over the pen. That's the second time, I wonder if she is pulling on the end of the rope that releases the knot.
Thanks for the coffee!