Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Xerocles glad you got thru that! NEXT time...just say NO! I haven't been to a dr in 20 yrs. That right. So on my insurance plan they have assigned a local doctor. I am "considering" going for them to establish a file in case I ever need a doctor. Who knows. Haven't decided. LOL

Had a demo job scheduled for tomorrow but, it cancelled, so I'm home a few more days. Good. Next week I work. So, getting more hay later today....supplier has a new load coming. Hope it's real good. These goats are going thru hay at a fast pace and the wallet is complaining! Plus, the bagged feed. Among first goats to kid was one of my best milkers. Need to separate her & her well fed, huge kids and wean, so I can have the milk. I'll pull them and still give some of the milk to them for a couple more weeks..in a bucket. That needs to be a "this weekend" thing. Will rebed a stall in the other barn for her & move them to yet another pen.

Chickens have cranked up egg production -- faster than my customers are using. I am not an egg fan. If I have plenty of onion & green pepper, it's a meal. Guess I will make a quiche later...I can heat up for fast breakfasts before work next week. Better pull something from the big freezer too. Maybe cook a roast or turkey breast, grab some of the containers of frozen chili, etc. When I work long days, chores at each end of it, don't want to cook much. BUT need to eat right. So I depend on homemade frozen meals. I need to see what all is out there in that thing. LOL I know I made "stuff" before.

Life on the farm. Gotta love it -- or you gotta leave it. :D Guess I love it, been over 50 yrs at doing.

I'm gonna mosey on out to hay everyone soon as I finish this 2nd cup of coffee....think I will look at the garden area. See how wet -- would love to till but, don't think it can happen yet. :idunno Ya'll have a great day!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
make $ for the pharmacetical companies.... :duc ok I'll just stop there...

Anyone else see the news report where a child needed an under skin implant to treat precosious puberty? It was $37,300. YET, the same chemical, slightly lower dose, was $4,700, same format. Made by same company, different product/drug name. The girls dad was a doctor and brought this to attention of all...…..

Yes -- one for her situation and other marketed for prostate issues.

We are always getting had.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like your style @Mini Horses ! :love I haven't been to a Dr. for years either and the last time I saw an OB/GYN was when I delivered my last child. I get lectured all the time by friends, so just quit talking about it. Of course now I just told the whole world. :D
No flu shots for me ever. I remember when they were just to 'help' the elderly. Now they want to inoculate everybody.
I am very grateful for the health I have and realize that a lot of people are not so fortunate so I'm not advocating boycotting the medical system. But for me now, I will avoid them.

Another beautiful blue sky day here! After Little Miss has her lessons I'm either going to ride a horse or a bike over in the state park. Just depends... 🤔

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone else see the news report where a child needed an under skin implant to treat precosious puberty? It was $37,300. YET, the same chemical, slightly lower dose, was $4,700, same format. Made by same company, different product/drug name. The girls dad was a doctor and brought this to attention of all...…..

Yes -- one for her situation and other marketed for prostate issues.

We are always getting had.
That’s terrible how they take advantage!!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Xerocles glad you got thru that! NEXT time...just say NO! I haven't been to a dr in 20 yrs. That right. So on my insurance plan they have assigned a local doctor. I am "considering" going for them to establish a file in case I ever need a doctor. Who knows. Haven't decided. LOL

Had a demo job scheduled for tomorrow but, it cancelled, so I'm home a few more days. Good. Next week I work. So, getting more hay later today....supplier has a new load coming. Hope it's real good. These goats are going thru hay at a fast pace and the wallet is complaining! Plus, the bagged feed. Among first goats to kid was one of my best milkers. Need to separate her & her well fed, huge kids and wean, so I can have the milk. I'll pull them and still give some of the milk to them for a couple more weeks..in a bucket. That needs to be a "this weekend" thing. Will rebed a stall in the other barn for her & move them to yet another pen.

Chickens have cranked up egg production -- faster than my customers are using. I am not an egg fan. If I have plenty of onion & green pepper, it's a meal. Guess I will make a quiche later...I can heat up for fast breakfasts before work next week. Better pull something from the big freezer too. Maybe cook a roast or turkey breast, grab some of the containers of frozen chili, etc. When I work long days, chores at each end of it, don't want to cook much. BUT need to eat right. So I depend on homemade frozen meals. I need to see what all is out there in that thing. LOL I know I made "stuff" before.

Life on the farm. Gotta love it -- or you gotta leave it. :D Guess I love it, been over 50 yrs at doing.

I'm gonna mosey on out to hay everyone soon as I finish this 2nd cup of coffee....think I will look at the garden area. See how wet -- would love to till but, don't think it can happen yet. :idunno Ya'll have a great day!
Seems like you get hay a lot! Or maybe I just read everyone say it that I get us all confused?! :lol: My hubby hasn’t seen a dr in 25ish years either. I just made him get on with my dr for the ‘just in case’...But, he does go yearly to our local, umm, blood screening where they test cholesterol and blood pressure...stuff like that. He’s pretty normal. :). Considering he’s crazy!:lol::love

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, mine too....this NW PA is for the birds!!
You are too close to Lake Erie!! Move to southern PA, I bet they don't get near as much snow.

I am not an egg fan.
Make a batch of Mama Wall's Eggnog! That takes a full dozen eggs and is tasty.

No flu shots for me ever. I remember when they were just to 'help' the elderly. Now they want to inoculate everybody.
A guy I used to work with some years ago never got the flu shot at work (free, right there in the plant) because he never got the flu ... until the year he did and felt like he was going to die. Got the shot every year after that.

Fortunately I don't have a reaction to the flu vaccine, I feel for you @Xerocles, that must have been pretty awful.

Latest posts