Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well it's offical,no more eggs or animal sales the ranch is closed to the public. Making calls to all the egg customers informing them. Dh doesnt want them to even come out today to get eggs. Considering the lock down in the city and surrounding areas. So far everyone understanding.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well it's offical,no more eggs or animal sales the ranch is closed to the public. Making calls to all the egg customers informing them. Dh doesnt want them to even come out today to get eggs. Considering the lock down in the city and surrounding areas. So far everyone understanding.
Could you put them out in a cooler at the end of the driveway? I know some people do that even for sales to people they don't know - payment on the trust system. My girls are kicking out a dozen a day or more, hopefully my regular customers that got 2 dozen last Friday will want more this week.

Many don't realize they are for eating
Sounds like they would make a super colorful soup.

@Jesusfreak101 , where in the world would you put two more adults?
That is what I was thinking!!!

Dh talked about dad working with him and mom talked about him stay with us then her job got in trouble so now it's both they are talking about. And I am not sure how to tell then no if they in that much trouble.
So maybe they move in with the grandparents. They likely have more room with just the two of them than you do with your entire family. I'm sure they could use the extra help that you REALLY don't need. At least not in the way you expect your Mom to take over and run everything.

If they do move in (and I really hope they don't given the lack of space and other issues), do make sure the rules are set beforehand. You and DH need to be a block wall against your parents doing anything that is in opposition to your wishes. BUT, if they do move in, you can surely let your mother clean the house if she's so all fired excited to do it. You COULD use that help.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
My VL doe did have her litter yesterday morning about 8:30.. pics on my bunny thread. :bunny Nothing from the MR doe but.. we'll see. She was "staching" when I put the box in but nothing since and a bit grumpy. So could be pregnant or just hormonal. 3 boxes to go in next week. 10 does have been bred for the next 4 weeks.
Yesterday I gave a young Polish to a friend's foster daughter. She was missing her dog so they're trying a bunny. Set them all up and hoping it works out they're going to see and I told them they could return him if it doesn't work out. Indiana is on mandatory lock down for 2 weeks and no school for the kids until May.

Feed came in early so went after my double order.... we'll just order my regular amount next week but we'll always have the extra 2 weeks on hand. 650# is not fun to move.

Well I need to get chores and school done. Supposed to be in the 50's so maybe we'll saddle up and do some riding. Oh and clean and treat their legs.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain today -- all day. Nothing actually falling at this moment but, it sure powered down in the 2-6 AM time. WET out there!! More to come. Fed while there was a break and will soon leave for work.
Might as well make a dollar, can't to anything farm here. OK, I could make more cheese but, not in the mood at the moment. Will take the work while it is available. In this climate, never know when it will stop.

While working yesterday I overheard discussions about being able to feed the kids now that they were home "full time" and about what isn't on the shelves -- including a lot of prepared foods. It was hard for me to not jump up & advise them to grow a garden, have more than one day at a time in the cabinets and eat more than pizza and sandwiches as the main planning. Really people -- it is so sad to see and hear how the multitude of people live.

OK -- I will get off the soap box because I know most of us are in the raise it, cook it, eat it mode. Yep, hard for us to understand and watch. I say this as I look at dozens of eggs & gallons of milk....overachievers! :rolleyes:

My two newest doelings are doing well. Good mom! FF so first year to check her out (at 3 y/o) but she has a GREAT bag. She's a bulky gal, being a cross with ND/Nub/Kiko. I like the extra weight she carries, like a meaty, and hope this comes thru in the kids. She's just saved herself with this as not getting bred before had her on the cull list. Now, I'll check her milk production and will use her with the Boer buck I am buying later this year. Should be awesome crossed kids Nice going Pudge! (yep, her name came from her body type. LOL)

Hi, Ho -- Hi, ho -- it's off to work I go.....:frow Enjoy your day.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Good morning all! we slept in! its 6 am here! How is everyone's morning so far? We woke up to one of our bloodhounds took a huge poo in the house cause we overslept. We've been using the extra time he has home from work to get tons done here at the farm. Its been great but I just want him to move the sanford and son piles out to the field haha. But he did get new hay houses built for our bermuda and our alfalfa and he put up more security lights and cameras up all over cause ya know, (things are getting weird, a neighbor not far from us had some animals go missing so I guess that's started). Other than that we can relax on our pigs for a minute. After 7 litters popping back to back this month I get a reprieve for at least two weeks till Marilyn is due to release her little hostages. We do have some broody birds sitting and a couple have begun hatching their babies in last couple days so that's fun. Oh almost forgot: Good lord id lose my head if it weren't screwed on so tight, we did bring home Boer goats couple days ago! and another ND milking momma and her babies so 5 more goats on the farm! So now we have Nigerian dwarves for milk, lamanchas for milk, and Boer for meat someday( the momma is a 3F and the boy is younger.) My friend says I have too many bucks but i wanted a buck for each breed of girls I have and we have 10 acres so space isn't an issue.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
They needed their picture taken (kids keep having me pick the up this was easier lol)

Attachments

• 20200325_092758.jpg
    20200325_092758.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 56

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Came home to a doe WAITING to be milked, a herd waiting to be fed, 6 minis out of their field but, in my yard....and a yearling FF trying to kid. Yep -- farms are a LOT of fun!

Corralled the minis, fixed their fence...moved them where they should be. Milked the doe, fed all and eventually, the FF kidded a lovely tan buck. She took great care of it, fed and all. Later I went out and collected her & the kid from the rain to dry quarters.

Packaged eggs, delivered some and more for tomorrow. With the stores being "out" the sales have been great for the eggs. they are paying for selves & if all things would, heck -- I could stay home full time. :D Would be nice since I also worked 8 hrs between chores today. That's life. My choice & I love it.

I'm having some wine right now. I earned it! Sleep tight.

Latest posts