Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Got several things squeezed into our morning yesterday before the rain started about 1:45
School, then went on a bike ride with the kids about 3 miles. Neighbors burnt their field off so went back up to their place to watch (at their invite as we went by on bikes), play catch with the kids. Of course chores were done first. Going to my thread to add some photos then chores and an online speech meeting.
daffadils.jpg

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I keep standing in the isle with the rice... looking at those tiny bags...the only rice left...

Funny - rice was on my list when I went to the store yesterday. There was a big, empty space where the rice normally is; the only thing in the whole space was several 3 lb bags of brown rice. I buy brown rice anyway, so I was good!

As for the tuna, there are signs all over the store that say, "to aid us in serving as many people as possible, please limit your purchase to 2." I stood dithering in front of the tuna before I took 3 cans. The things I do with tuna use two cans at a time; so from a certain perspective, that wasn't 3, it was 1 1/2. :idunno

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I haven't gotten to the store but dh goes for me which is mildly annoying. I miss shopping i liked food shopping and feed store shopping. Anyways, well before this we bought a 50lb bag of rice and i still have more then enough only one of my kids likes rice. One likes only spaghetti noodles, the other doesn't like any kind of bread products besides donuts and crackers he not helpful. My youngest son so far is my only one that isnt picky. My kids drive me nuts when it comes to food. Older boy only likes chicken nuggets pork nuggets bacon, green beans, carrots, broccoli, frozen blue berries, apples, granola milk and brownies he a pain to feed. My oldest will eat alot of things but can be a brat and pain as well. I wish they were less picky like their little brother.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What Corona Virus restrictions? Situation normal here.
Here as well given most weeks I don't go off the property more than once or twice and generally that is for grocery shopping and delivering eggs.

I've kinda pooh-poohed the Covid 19 "CRISIS", and I'm NOT a conspiracy person......but the hair on the back of my neck just stood up, when I just read that the government moved 300 tanks into LA. ???
Poor timing on their part?
As with all "conspiracy" scary stuff, always good to check the facts because those who post the "scary stuff" haven't done due diligence. The tanks were moved THROUGH L.A. on their way from Ventura to the "Inland Empire".
Business as usual

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My county has finally gone to a shelter in place order at midnight tonight until April 10. There are 27 cases here. We are stocked up on everything, hunkered down and not going anywhere. We checked on a neighbor couple, both are disabled and not in good health. We offered eggs, I threw in some sausage to boot. I set the eggs and sausage on the driveway outside the gate for him to pick up. We all gotta take care of each other.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m just starting to get very worried...period. Either way. It’s starting to make me lose some sleep, simply because, it’s all anyone talks about, anymore...and, it’s the waiting....if we will get ‘it’...if there’s a lockdown...I just want this all over!!
Yes, times a jillion!

That!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Storms are rolling in. DH is off to work... I need to get groceries but will probably wait until DH can be home with the kids. Last week I made them stay in the car.... they had their tablets though. They are big enough. But definitely don't like doing that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I wouldn't like leaving my kids in the car either. I don't blame you. I hope you find everything that you need when you go to the store. We are supposed to have a rainy day on Monday. If it rains, I'll stay in and make rosemary focaccia bread, we love it and tear into it when it comes out of the oven.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is very welcome this morning. Up at 5 :th Alarm set for normal 6:30 -- no one told the body. Guess body is not on DST, internally.

I'm out in stores every day with working right now. Basically the customers are "few & far between", taking heed to State orders. At "going home from work time" there is a little more traffic with the "stop & grab" stuff. Even that traffic has slowed due to outages. Working yesterday I noticed that WalMart was pretty well stocked. Well, paper product not & meats low. Way better than before all other aisles.. Meds aisles stocked back up, etc. Big improvement. Also cooler bunkers stuff with things not normally -- drinks, beer, etc. Dollar Generals are still pretty empty but often close to many who don't/can't drive further, thus buy there. Trucks are arriving with product. I do see improvements.

As a bonus, one co I work for has elected to give a $1.50 per hr "bonus" for work during this crap. One time, paid at end of 5 weeks. Then re-evaluate if another month of it. Appreciate that. Should help pay for some new fencing! Along with that "bonus" Uncle Sam is suggesting. I saw a blurp about "how/if" those who are not required to file taxes -- below income levels -- may/may not get this $$$. Some who could really use it! Hope that gets cleared up. :idunno Some from SS records? That part & time frame still a gray area of my understanding of procedure.

Yesterday mid morning I saw a doe separate self from herd and knew she was in labor. Couple hrs later, just before I had to leave for work, one buck. FF so, ok. Another doe, I felt would go today, decided to have her twins just before I got home yesterday. All is well. That's 3 does & 5 kids this week. LOL 3 doelings from that. Lovely weather and they chose a nice area in the field to kid. Upper 50s at get up this morning and 80s next couple of days. Believe 3 more to kid, soon. Grand total now is 23....15 boys! Of the 23, 17 are white! Largest number bred in years. Glad that buck is gone!! But, beautiful kids!!

After work, made TSC stop, get home -- inspect new kids, feed, milk, collect eggs, unload feed, shut coops. last coop I lifted the cover on their ground level nesting and am greeted by a skunk! Uhhh...hello! Head lamp was on -- thankfully! -- and I shooed it out. Then, closed the dig in. Need to add fence to bottom of building and onto ground now. Never an end, right? Also found a possum in the barn, night before. Set live trap last night....who knows if/what is in it today. :lol: Love surprises -- sometimes.
Everyone have a great day. Hope you have good weather for it!!

Latest posts