Coffee anyone ?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going to be a high of 45 today, wind supposed to start gusting into the mid to high 30s soon and stay that way until about 10 PM. Rain all day today and tomorrow.
About the same for us too..we had hail yesterday

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning?feels like days since I’ve been on here...been crazy busy...can’t wait for life to settle down a bit. We have the COVID-29 in our tiny town.....I’m getting scared now...not that I wasn’t before, but this is wayyyy too close to home. We are definitely doing self quarantine. ☹️🙏

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Duckfarmerpa1 thought about you this morning as they mentioned Pennsylvania is getting hit hard.
Thanks, yes, we are surrounded...but now it’s even in our tin6 little toepwn..with the numbers they are throwing around, at means at least 2-4 in our to will die, nothing to fight it. Drink vit c with 3verything,!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up and at 'em ya'll ! Much cooler today at upper 40, going to upper 50s and rain rolling in late day.....until morning. Well, that will make tomorrow a mess. Of course, depends on amount we get. Probably an inch, so won't be bad. We had several days of 80s, now several of mid 60s coming -- which is the normal temps for this time of year. (whatever "normal" means nowadays)

Still need to get the garden working but, work has been heavy to very steady with one job -- which makes up for the other one that is about stopped. Jobs are about usual and the increase is from working jobs in stores where others cannot get there to do. It all works out, mostly. I'll have a full day today & tomorrow. Balance of week could be slack or ?? I could use a slack day. :old Gotta love a day "off" for some farm work.

Early here & waiting on daylight. Had breakfast @5, now on 2nd cuppa coffee....have heard news & weather several times over. Routine feed, milk and get ready to go to work. Want to be at the store when they open at 8 -- get in, get out and hope to be home before the rains. :D Some of our resets have been way faster and easier than years past -- empty shelves mean less to move! But, same pay -- hey, some areas of the country don't have issues. I see paper product resets being nothing more than shelf wiping and price strip changes. :yesss: On the flip side -- those soda aisles are OVER full....woah!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for coffee @Mini Horses
Still no official cases in our county....a dr we know said it was here over a week ago and at that time our small county hospital didn't have any tests.
Yesterday afternoon we went over to the farm. Moved some rocks the septic guys left, took a hike thru the woods on our path.
Up to two does nesting...

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning!! We got snow last night again. Ugh. Not much, but, still, who needs It? Our mini pig, Petuna, is due any day...we keep checking her for milk, per The V’s...still no goop either..but, man she’s miserable and can’t really move. I keep doing my research on how to help a mini pig farrow!!
5ED404A4-B1A9-498E-880F-4243F4A0E81E.jpeg
9EF2C6A6-F5E3-42A3-BF1D-E18D1E90F11E.jpeg
78270F95-B438-489C-B452-911FA8169086.jpeg

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
She loos g
Good morning!! We got snow last night again. Ugh. Not much, but, still, who needs It? Our mini pig, Petuna, is due any day...we keep checking her for milk, per The V’s...still no goop either..but, man she’s miserable and can’t really move. I keep doing my research on how to help a mini pig farrow!! View attachment 71801View attachment 71802View attachment 71803
She looks great, keep checking her for milk and you'll know you're pithing the last 24 hrs or less. You're doing a great job, the first is always a nail biter soon you'll be an old pro at this. Pigs are way easier than goats when it comes to labor and very quiet too. If you're used to goat labor like my partner was you'll be as shocked as she was at how quiet pig labor is.