Coffee anyone ?

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
morning all, Jims having coffee Im drinking a soda. We lost our little Rita the Runt last night, seems it was a genetic issue after all cause I know we did everything we could for her. Yesterday we brought home a little 3/4 mangalitsas 1/4 guinea hog gilt. We also brought home a mini pig named Penny who's family wanted us to bring her here to Happy Quack Farms cause they have jerks for neighbors who turned them into the city for having a pig. The loss of Rita will probably send me into a bottle for a day or two but the farm must go on and I have two new pigs here to acclimate and work with so they know Im momma and mommas bring treats and snuggles. All the piglets from our seven litters this month are doing great, Rita was the only one in 7 litters who didn't make it. So I guess that means good numbers for the farm just sucks that it was my little MangoRita baby.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
30 "positives" in our county, 1500 in our state; the governor ordered us all to "stay at home" as of 5 pm yesterday. Y'all know the drill by now - if you have a job to go to, need to go out to get stuff, yadda, yadda, yadda . The Sheriff has said, basically, "hey, we're not setting up roadblocks or anything. If we see someone on the road, we're going to assume they have a good reason to be there." So no, we don't have a curfew, but with even most of the traditionally 24-hour stores closing at 6 or so, by dark, this place is a ghost town.

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eh.... we have enough light so that the chickens are laying.... but it is still cold, so lots of frozen or close to frozen eggs.
Spring will come Al!!

but, man she’s miserable and can’t really move.
Maybe some short stilts so she can get her lower parts off the ground?

The loss of Rita will probably send me into a bottle for a day or two
The soda bottle I hope! I'm really sorry you lost Rita, you did all you could but sometimes you can't win against Mother Nature.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Spring will come Al!!

Maybe some short stilts so she can get her lower parts off the ground?

The soda bottle I hope! I'm really sorry you lost Rita, you did all you could but sometimes you can't win against Mother Nature.
I went to say goodbye and she huffed, so Im warming her up and gave her B shots so now its a waiting game, she pees on me every other time I pick her up and hold her which means she aint all gone yet. I did body pickup for the coroners office in college so I know dead only let go of their bowels once when all the muscles relax and the brain shuts off, which means there's a little life in her yet Im hoping I can bring her round again but Jimmy already has her hole dug over in the family pets area of our property he doesn't think she's gonna come back all the way he says she's too far gone. here s hoping yall wish me luck I'm not giving up on this little piggy

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
While I know all the closings and stay at homes are needed -- it's depressing since there is no limit seen at this time. Very unlike normal "life". At home, all is as usual, chores, new babes, etc. Just the rest of the world that weird. :idunno

The trickle down is getting bad with so many now out of work. THAT is an issue and this government supplement, well that's a "hurry up & wait" check and some really can't wait. It's needed when you have no income. At least I have a retirement income!!!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
morning all, Jims having coffee Im drinking a soda. We lost our little Rita the Runt last night, seems it was a genetic issue after all cause I know we did everything we could for her. Yesterday we brought home a little 3/4 mangalitsas 1/4 guinea hog gilt. We also brought home a mini pig named Penny who's family wanted us to bring her here to Happy Quack Farms cause they have jerks for neighbors who turned them into the city for having a pig. The loss of Rita will probably send me into a bottle for a day or two but the farm must go on and I have two new pigs here to acclimate and work with so they know Im momma and mommas bring treats and snuggles. All the piglets from our seven litters this month are doing great, Rita was the only one in 7 litters who didn't make it. So I guess that means good numbers for the farm just sucks that it was my little MangoRita baby.
Well, that’s good and bad news at the same time?? Petuna popped last night!! I’ll text you later...I’ve got a runt, but 8 healthy ones!! Yeah!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone!! Been very busy around here..yesterday we bought 14 more chickens, as we can’t keep up the demand!! They were local, so we were risking anything, and everyone wore masks. It is in our town though, so, we always wear the masks now, and, sad to say, but I’m getting used to it...:(. Also, our mini pig, Petuna had her piglets last night!! Whooo hooo!! 8 very healthy ones!! 1 little runt. Doin* all I can for her!! She’s in the house...no suckle. One of my goats got out of the fence, but didn’t go anywhere, so now we have to see if we have a gap...or how she got out?? Always something!! My new baker, egg buyer is coming today. I barely had enough eggs to give to him!! Stay healthy all!!

Latest posts