Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also, just wanted to mention that I wrote a rather long post on the thread that @Grant had started about "Ignorant musings about the meat shortage" in case anyone was interested. I usually do most of that on my journal, but it was in answer to some things that he said. I see some meat @ Walmart today when I came through from testing this morning and picked up cat food and some other things..... but there were alot of empty spots on alot of shelves all through the store.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well..... we got to go to church this morning! :ep

We had blue crosses taped on the floor... :lol: far enough apart so each family group could squish together on a cross and still be far enough away from the next family huddle.

So odd!!!!

And of course there was an entire thing before we started that you had to whisper sing... unless you knew you were at least 10 feet away from another group... but don't worry, it was hot enough, that the windows were open, you were welcome to stand outside by a window, and bellow/ sing as loud as you wanted, as long as your mouth faced away from the window. :lol:

Oh good grief!

So yep, some more restrictions lifted... groups of 50 are now allowed.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that it was 12:30 pm, I was wearing a sweater for chores, and the furnace came on to maintain the house to 62f. In the middle of May. Now I know a lot of us are dealing with the same situation....But I decided to do something about it. All my life, I've delt with society's constraints of time, and days of the week and such. But I'm RETIRED! So I no longer have to live in the same reality as everyone else. In my universe, it is now APRIL! And petty nice weather for April by the way. So sorry for all those out there in that "other universe" dealing with unseasonable temperatures.....But I'm much happier with lows in the upper 30s and highs in the upper 50s, now that I have come to the realization that its only mid-April.
It's my delusion, I'm happy, and nobody better try to "wake me up". 😇

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that it was 12:30 pm, I was wearing a sweater for chores, and the furnace came on to maintain the house to 62f. In the middle of May. Now I know a lot of us are dealing with the same situation....But I decided to do something about it. All my life, I've delt with society's constraints of time, and days of the week and such. But I'm RETIRED! So I no longer have to live in the same reality as everyone else. In my universe, it is now APRIL! And petty nice weather for April by the way. So sorry for all those out there in that "other universe" dealing with unseasonable temperatures.....But I'm much happier with lows in the upper 30s and highs in the upper 50s, now that I have come to the realization that its only mid-April.
It's my delusion, I'm happy, and nobody better try to "wake me up". 😇
I applaud and approve of your reality.

De Nile is great, just make sure you don't drown... but wading is highly encouraged as the waters are warm and comfy. :old

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. It snowed all weekend. Crazy. But we were able to get three new semi trailers delivered to the yard...we are making them into barns too. So, now we just have to wait until the ground dries up...September? 😩. Then drop them back into the pasture...the other one we dressed up..but it’s still just a semi trailer....luckily there’s a wall of pines covering them pretty well, but they are still Trailors...ugh. Guess I should...and really AM grateful for my new ‘barns’. That he will be customizing to my liking....I finally get my milk room!! Yes!

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
OOh Denise Im so jealous of your new milking room! Congrats! Jimmy had decided last night that he needed to make one for me cause my girls kept coming up behind me and biting/pulling on my shirt to tell me they were ready before I was ready for them. I thought it was cute, the doe I was milking didn't appreciate the interruptions lol
Lost another flemish rabbit yesterday, this one I don't think was heat, we were only 110 yesterday we desert folks don't consider that hot. But really that particular bunny had a peewee issue we were treating him for since we got him 24 hrs earlier. We weren't entirely sure he wasn't still freaking out about the move either. Well we now have a beautiful ginger pelt to add to our fast growing collection. My white rabbits are all young and doing great, I gave them the flemish giants room that passed away and they love it in there cause its huge for their little fuzzy butts, its so much easier with them cause I know they are healthy and know their history etc. The flemish rabbits I don't even know how old they are. Got more peacocks yesterday, and some muscovies too. Farms really growing, gotta update all my charts today have been neglecting paperwork last couple weeks. Jimmy got the swamp cooler he bartered for yesterday running so that's nice.
Xerocles, I want to live in your universe, it sounds nice there what's the rent like?

Latest posts