Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning to afternoon depends on view point lol. Getting the wmtwo youngest down for nap while the two oldest clean their rooms i still need to do farm chores so i am frustrated there. Dh and I stay up alittle late to have time together goofing off playing video games (he likes them). I made some(4to be exact) pillows from a pair of jeans and one old shirt. The kids like them and dh got a neck pillow he likes. I be making some more and other things i can do. Might not be target worthy but they work here. Got lots of house chores and school dmto do and atleast one errand to run maybe two or three. Dh got me some soil i say that loosely i kinda wish there was a return policy for it. I thinking if i buy dirt i expect an nice dirt not a rocky clay dirt that i already pretty well have for 28 dollars. 20200516_131901.jpgI should have gone with him but oh well he said they had to mix it they didn't actually have anything you could look at. And they want 40 a yard for compost i stick with my own... I am cheap i guess. Might have him load the bucket on tractor and go get them the Sandy look from out back that i just have to clean from glass and trash out of... I don't know i want to have a root veggie garden but don't want to spend an arm and leg for it either... desion desions. Anyways lots to do and things to think about also dh grandfather wants to put this trailer in our name(the house we live in) andI say no thanks and dh keeps going back and forth. To me it's just another thing that ties us down here and makes dh want to stay and drives me nuts.

Attachments

• 20200517_171755.jpg
    20200517_171755.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 20200517_171750.jpg
    20200517_171750.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 131

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
More rain.... but yesterday got the eggplant, melons and squash in the garden. Left room for 4 more rows of corn, and I am pretty sure there is room for beans. Things are growing. :p
Farrier is coming, then our co op is having an end of the year party, and need to do some clean up at the farm and get to the store for milk. Tomorrow I am going trail riding with a friend. :bunny

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
PA I’m glad you are getting to go riding. Thanks for the coffee. On my 3rd and last cup. Got 10 behemoth chickens on ice to cut up and package today. I’ve tossed bones and offal in the freezer to process later. I will have to get it out to can dog food, but have to catch up in the garden first. Going to get dressed, do chores and tie into a bunch of chicken. BA-GAWK!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
AT last!! Chickens are gone (so you thinks...LOL) .I know you are glad to see this day be over.

Ahhhhh a nice ride! I always thought a nice trail ride was regenerating for my soul. ENJOY the ride.

3 more rain days here -- light stuff. Garden good kind. Still need to get my eggplant out.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, black is growing on me. 🤪
Kid#2 is coming up to work with me today. We're taking down a deer fence that Kid#1 and I put up about 5 years ago to protect an arborvitae hedge, aka deer crack.
Kid#1 called last night, so good to hear his actual voice! He gets a 3 day weekend and is driving up (6 hours) so we'll get to see him before he disappears into fire season.
Enjoy that trail ride PA!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Pushed off our trail ride until tomorrow, things need to dry out a bit more.
School for my girls and clean up at the farm. We had a nice time at our co op get together. It was so good to see the kid's together.
Friday I am getting my tooth pulled started antibiotics last night feeling better already.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Coffee is good thanks. Things are finally slowing down here a bit and we were able to focus on the little things around here. Jimmy put me on a buying freeze as in NO MORE BUYING ANIMALS, but then I found the capuchin doves Ive been looking for. I'll wait a week and I know he'll let me get them.
My order for more sebastepol geese got put on hold, the lady told me none of the 6 made it our of the eggs but one that died shortly after. I understand hatching rare breeds so Im pouting but I get it. Ill get some more sebbies eventually.
Got more Duck houses done yesterday, it looks so cool and now I can say I got my ducks in a row, lol. Literally though too because we built their new duck houses in a row. Now instead of a free for all of everyone mating with whomever(drove me nuts trying to figure out what babies were mixed with what this year) I have each breed in their own duck houses again. Ahh its so nice being able to mark the breeds on the eggs again.
Jimmy worked on the trailer that were converting to the feed barn, hes just gotta finish the walls for it today. Today my job is raking the old spots where the trash piles were all over the farm. Last week some friends came over with their bobcat and helped us move 60 years of junk piles from all over our ten acres into one pile. Now even though the piles are gone there's a mess where each had been of broken glass or this or that. Im going to rake it all up then go over it with a magnet just to be sure we can put more duck houses, or goose pens, or peacock enclosures or whatever Im gonna ask jimmy to build next week.
My little goat with the broken leg is healing up great, she's starting to put pressure on it when she walks and even stands with both feet down now. Im so relieved! Had to lance a cyst on a goat last night, guess she got hurt fussing with Becky our other big goat and she developed a cyst there so that was fun!
The bloodhound puppies are growing up fast! Soon they'll be ready for their new homes, Ill miss them but it will be nice to walk from the bathroom to the kitchen without my toes getting nibbled or worrying every time i hear a puppy squeak.

Hope everyones day goes great!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is good thanks. Things are finally slowing down here a bit and we were able to focus on the little things around here. Jimmy put me on a buying freeze as in NO MORE BUYING ANIMALS, but then I found the capuchin doves Ive been looking for. I'll wait a week and I know he'll let me get them.
My order for more sebastepol geese got put on hold, the lady told me none of the 6 made it our of the eggs but one that died shortly after. I understand hatching rare breeds so Im pouting but I get it. Ill get some more sebbies eventually.
Got more Duck houses done yesterday, it looks so cool and now I can say I got my ducks in a row, lol. Literally though too because we built their new duck houses in a row. Now instead of a free for all of everyone mating with whomever(drove me nuts trying to figure out what babies were mixed with what this year) I have each breed in their own duck houses again. Ahh its so nice being able to mark the breeds on the eggs again.
Jimmy worked on the trailer that were converting to the feed barn, hes just gotta finish the walls for it today. Today my job is raking the old spots where the trash piles were all over the farm. Last week some friends came over with their bobcat and helped us move 60 years of junk piles from all over our ten acres into one pile. Now even though the piles are gone there's a mess where each had been of broken glass or this or that. Im going to rake it all up then go over it with a magnet just to be sure we can put more duck houses, or goose pens, or peacock enclosures or whatever Im gonna ask jimmy to build next week.
My little goat with the broken leg is healing up great, she's starting to put pressure on it when she walks and even stands with both feet down now. Im so relieved! Had to lance a cyst on a goat last night, guess she got hurt fussing with Becky our other big goat and she developed a cyst there so that was fun!
The bloodhound puppies are growing up fast! Soon they'll be ready for their new homes, Ill miss them but it will be nice to walk from the bathroom to the kitchen without my toes getting nibbled or worrying every time i hear a puppy squeak.

Hope everyones day goes great!
No more buying?? Never thought I’d hear that come out of your mouth...or even Jimmy’s!! 🤣. It’s got to be due to the work load.....I agree with him...wait a bit and see if you can keep up my dear dear friend...don’t want your worn to the bone!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, I actually got to bed at 10:30! But I’m still exhausted. My chores had me workin* yesterday from 7:30- 2:30- without a lunch break, nothing. It’s ok for now, it’s due to the more animals...but, once I get the hang of it...well it will be growing and haying season!🤣🤣. My brother and nephew are coming to up to fish this week, and my niece is coming to pick out a bunny!! They live in Pgh, she lives in Erie...🤣. It’ll be great to see everyone, even from a distance. 😞. Yard is sort of drying drying up? Not too bad in some spots, but I have to leave the goats locked up in their pen most of the day because we rotated to higher ground. Ok, everyone, have a great, fantastic day!!

Latest posts