Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Turned on the ac this weekend was high 80s...:oops:
Wasn't I just bemoaning the freezing temps? The lovely changes in the midwest. :hide oh and storms were predicted all weekend...and not a drop. :hu
Coffee is on. Need to weed the garden, plant more beans and corn too. Slight chance of storms this afternoon. And no bunnies as of this morning...4 does were due yesterday. Some nesting but nothing serious. My tooth/mouth is healing and I put in two hard days of fence removal this weekend. I will try to post photos on my farm thread. Oh and never had any time to rinse the hams and bacon...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fencing is hard work any way you look at it. Taking up old fencing and cleaning years of growth is double hard work. Progress. Thanks for the coffee. It’s rainy here and 63 degrees!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think ya deserve "Kudos" @promiseacres ....it is bothersome to do all that bending and standing and pulling with a sore jaw.... :hugs ....I hated tooth issues and have never regretted having them all pulled........:)....wish ya a speedy recovery!!

We were wet all day yesterday and a cool, damp 84....got .4" and cloudy all day....starting with 78 this morning and 92% humidity....oh the joys of "instant humidity"....:lol:.....at least Joyce gets a break from having to water the garden.....:)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
YES -- fencing issues can be stressful. Add new dental, oooops! I have issues without adding the dentist.....maybe we could get them to come help. Paybavk!

My day started great...cool but nice. Great coffee...chores went well, off to work. Issues there -- CV-19 is creating many trickle downs -- as deliveries of needed fixtures, paperwork, product is really messed up! Bumble thru and get home. Worked some fence, worked some goats...wormed 38...chores went ok. THEN
DD texts me that there are "more snakes" in her shed. :th

Had dispatched 2 young rat snakes a couple weeks ago, 2.5-3' ones. She says at least 2 more, similar size. So, I will go there in AM...heck of a way to go to bed thinking about that! I'm thinking may be a nest of last yr hatch...??? How many? I hate snakes.

Nighty, night!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is more likely they hibernated together and are coming out looking to "feed", mate, and separate.....if they can smell a food source, they are relentless to get to it.....one reason I prefer ducks....they will lay their eggs early....a few exceptions here and there....but the bulk of the daily amt of eggs can be gotten when ya let em out about 8-9am....I really dislike having to deal with one coiled in a nest box....cause they will put up a fight....a nice Sharp hoe can be a really useful tool to have handy....takes the "fight" out of them quickly..... 🤣

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule coffee is good this morning it's already 66°F
Checked rabbits already and one of my 2 year old velveteen lop doe that hasn't ever kindled finally had her first litter!!! :bunny:bunny:bunny:bunny:bunny now if they survive this heat...lost a week old VL a few days ago, pretty sure it was the heat. :(
Got a last load of hay brought from the farm last night. But with pastures doing well not going through it as fast. Will be making more hay soon.
Going to get the hams in the freezer today and figure out how to get groceries when DH is working late and it's too hot to leave kids in the car.