Coffee anyone ?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi all, so, last week it was down to 29’ and had heavy frost, yesterday it was 88’ and I’ve git a sunburn! There is pollen everywhere!! The goat water, needs changed soo often, it’s get a yello film on it, within an hour or so...my one doe kindled two days ago..so far so good. I sold a friend three of my pregnant does...she’s new to rabbits, one litter died from the heat. I told her to take them inside if they are too hot...everyone was too hot yesterday..even the goats didn’t wasp them to play of be held. They panted hard all Day. Not used to the heat. We got two of the semi teailors dropped backed to be converted upon barns. This time we know what to do better next time....the last one comes today.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh -- coffee!! Tried to sleep in, even turned alarms off, except one inside the bod didn't. LOL So, up at 6 anyway. Fogged in! Yep heavy, heavy fog. Scattered showers "maybe" later & temps going from 60 get up to upper 70s. Hmmm. Thu-Sat definite rains! Need to set out those pepper plants this morning.

In my area the elderberry stands are blooming heavy. So I'm watching my better haunts for access. LOL Have 3 patches on my farm but not yet enough to provide as much as I want. There's a lot of wild here all along -- some easier to get to than others. Most people around don't even realize what it is and where to pick it - or even want to pick it. So far, my goats haven't wanted to eat them. GOOD! I don't want to have to fence them off. Oh, blackberries are really producing this year -- like a bumper crop. Worries me when you see the wild things in heavy production -- to provide for animals in bad times.

So -- need to do chores, then garden work, then hope to mow yard. Yeah, that snake alert thing for DD is on my list. :he

Anyway, took this pic of a patch of elder at the furthest corner of the farm, starting to bloom. two more stands are in pasture corners. Once the flowers die, everything just blends in & disappears from notice....

elderberry1.jpg

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay so we got two of the pigs loaded up and ready to go to market was holding one to breed to a boar i planned on getting. I just got a message this morning from a gentlemen that had sold out of piglets or kunekune and he just messaged me a great deal a boar for 200 8 months old and He willing to sale him and 4 females for 400. Now debating on what to do. Lol

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Although commercial hogs are available for pennies on the dollar due to problems getting kill dates, if these are the ones you were considering, I would get them and then you can cull down if you don't like a female or two for any reason. Also, get a couple of kill dates set up and you can always cancel. Butchers always have people that are looking to get something in to kill so have n o problem filling in a cancellation.
It is a good price if they are even half grown pigs.... 5 for $400? If they are adults or close to it then that is a very good deal. I think also that he might want to get out of them.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Around us the processors aren't backed up atleast the ones that are opened. I got a email yesterday morning after i asked to book them and was told to drop them off this morning. And told they(being the butcher) would get carcass Friday and process them next week. Most places aren't accepting animals near us buy three apparently are unforantly didn't find the third until these two were booked but that's okay. I might end up booking the third for August depending on when i get the 5 pigs in. I need to build i new pen and a new shelter for them in the field. Then go from there. Lol went from getting rid of most of my pigs to gaining back four extra lol thats math for you.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bruce, she's really afraid of them and these have all been overhead. Worse if you are afraid already. I do not like them but over the years have learned to be more calm & commanding. Not what I want to have up at the barns/coops.

She had put out a snake repellent powder everywhere. LOL and I could find nothing this morning. They are either laying in wait or gone into woods. Rat snakes, so non venomous. Just scary. It's time of year here for slithering things to come out & annoy.

Hot & sunny most of day. Light misty rain late and scattered showers expected tonight thru Saturday night. Free garden watering.