Coffee anyone ?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Supposed to hit 90 today. I'm gonna die! It was 48 for the lowest high last week, and I think the highest high may have been in the mid 60's. Nothing like getting acclimated. Tomorrow it's supposed to only be 58.

I have a full day of work lined out, weed mowing and brush cutting with the weed whacker blade mostly. And getting the horse pens squared away. The rain made them mucky and got mixed with hay and now it's stinks. Also washing the house siding. We usually do it as a team, but dh is working on the base for my hay barn. He got the garage base finished to this point yesterday. Also the garden should get some work, and a few things planted.
Then I may ooze into the saddle and get Syringa over to the park for a trail ride. Here's hoping!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom that is an aggressive day, there! My list is long but, you seem to think you can do all of yours in ONE day :lol: You go, girl! The County mowers came by 2 days ago & did a fantastic job cutting the embankment at the front of my property to the road, ditch area. My taxes at work Saved me weed eating 1500 ft of a 3' drop !! WoooHooo!

Worked garden yesterday to get out the rest of the started plants. Dirt was perfect! dampened but not "wet". And, weather was overcast, cool, light breeze -- maybe best I'll see all season, LOL, for this work. Added a few seed to rowed area. A work in progress!
A LOT of work. No wonder people buy cans. :D My own gym.

Slept well. That's a plus! Coffee is good -- help yourself. Sure am hoping to get the "wean" pasture tight enough this weekend. If not, well the emasculators will be in use! Wish they could understand me when I tell them this -- easier for all of us if they did. :idunno

Gotta get out and do something.....most anything. LOL

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom it sounds like ya are having our Feb weather up and way over there....those 50deg temp swings just make "life" interesting, doesn't it?.... :)

@promiseacres so glad ya had safe travels for the "meet up" and yall had a good visit....sure miss seeing @Wehner Homestead around, but know she stays very busy with all she has going on and being a nurse these days and times has to very trying....:hugs
I know the work at the new place gets repetitive, but it is all a part of making it your very own and surely beats having to "hope" to find something while jumping thru hoops as ya was not very long ago...it always makes me feel so happy for ya when I see the pics of yall working on the place....we both have moved past our "woes" and are working on our "forseeable future"....:thumbsup.....hope the jaw is healing well for ya!!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Supposed to hit 90 today. I'm gonna die!
We had that a few days ago, then the highs slowly lowered to low 80s with lows in the low 70s. Until last night - low was 58°, high today might be 69°, low tonight 44°, high tomorrow 58°, low 42°, high 60°. It might make it back up to 70° on Thursday

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom that is an aggressive day, there! My list is long but, you seem to think you can do all of yours in ONE day

Haha! Yeah... there's thinking, and then there's doing. That's a 30 year old me list. I keep forgetting my advanced years. Lets see, got the exterior of the house scrubbed. Took longer than I had planned, but I also got all the inside and outside windows and screens washed.Had to do an errand for dh, he needed screws and I was wishing he knew he needed them yesterday when I was already in town, and he was already in town. But I'm all done whining about it.
Used the walk behind line trimmer on a bunch of rough areas. Man that thing gets good gas mileage! I was going to do two tank fulls, but quit at one, kept hoping that each last lap it would die 😄. Have not used the brush blade yet and since I feel like I've been beat with a stick I'm not even venturing there. Horse pens have not been touched yet... oh, and probably not planting anything in the garden today. That's a restful Sunday job. ;)
Dh asked me if I would rake rocks that he had unloaded in the HAY BARN! base area. I said maybe, but then went out and raked the big dump lumps down to be more level. It only took an hour and made up for my pitiful whining about the unexpected errand. At least that's how I see it.

I am now draped on the couch with ice on my knees. Definitely still going to get a ride in on Syringa. The trailer is still hitched up from going last evening. All that other stuff I thought I would get done can wait another day or two.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom I just chuckled at the list.... exactly like my 30 yr old list and the 66 yr old body looks at it and says..." IN YOUR DREAMS".... especially with this ankle replacement and the knees hurting so much more. They are going to get done this coming winter if I have anything to say about it. PT guys both say that it will hamper my ankle if I don't do the exercises they are devising for , that are not so much standing/weight bearing so that I don't aggravate the knees. I knew they hurt, just didn't realize how much now that the ankle doesn't....

I think you did pretty good for the day!!!!:yesss::highfive:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunshine this AM!! 63 and dry, cool NE breeze. Been a long time with rain/overcast -- news this AM says 13 days! No wonder, I'm happy with this morning. :D Things don't get done in the rain and we had a doozy of a downpour about 5 or 6 yesterday. They say no rain for a few days now. Thank you! Going to 72ish today.

Isn't it strange how our mind stays in the "younger" thinking mode? Ya know, when we are waaaay past that age. :old

News reports suggest a surge of people looking/thinking of moving rural since CV-19 -- really? Again? Being SS? Wonder the average age? LOL maybe we need to virtual conference them !

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having coffee in our new loveseat/double recliner thing. :bunny
Got the hay cut, about 1/3 of it, will get it baled and cut the rest end of the week. DH accidentally killed the fox snake we saw last year out there...:hit it was a beauty. I hope we have others out there, saw a rat in the corn crib earlier this week. He went through the mower, not much you can do I guess.
There's been a surge in covid cases locally... especially since memorial weekend. A friend is quarantined as her hubby was exposed at work. So far they are fine. And no deaths in our county.