Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule couple of years ago i was told by some farmers to use 1 tablespoon of epson salt for every gallon of water some plants like it others not so much. But corn and tomatoes seem to works well for.
I put Epsom salt in the hole when I plant tomatoes, never sprayed them with it. Does it keep the corn worms off the corn and how often to you spray it?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Got the hay done, about 175 total, got started about 3:30. But the wind was crazy and as soon as it raked it unrolled and blew around. Per normal I got thrown on the IH 2424 to rake having dive it for 1 minute prior. Raking is easier than baling. My hands are not doing well, very achy and my left one got stuck....I think my tendonitis is coming back. :oops: possibly cutting the big field on Thursday or Friday.. I am beat.
Today riding lessons, equine dentist is coming then a co op meeting.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. Sorry about your hands, do you take turmeric? Turmeric is good for inflammation and the resulting pain. I don't take it every day, but I take it when my knee flares up and in about 30 minutes, I can feel the pain leaving. I mix the powder with coconut oil to make a paste. I take it with a glass of water to chase it down.

Glad you got the hay baled, that is wealth that most people don't even have a glimmer of.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's alot of hay seriously thats awesome! That has to help with feeding alot. Dh is heading close to Tampa bay Florida he dropping off an rv there. He been gone since yesterday morning and he due back tomorrow afternoon. One of the smoke detectors went off at 4am not sure why I walked the whole house and no smoke no fire checked outside nothing. Changed the baby diaper and went back to sleep. I thinking i should have stayed up i feel more tire now then i did then. Oh well. What are all yall up today? Promise i am glad your co op started back up. I haven't found one near us that i cared to much to do. There are two i know about one is 1000 per child the other is 100 per child but more ment for older children.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Picture sorry they were more interested in getting scratched then pictures taken.
Your kunes look like they got a little bit of Juliana pig in them based on their snouts& leg conformation- you have some very cute pigs. It could be allergies but more than likely this time of year its mites. Treat with ivermectin just like you would for worming treatment but for mites you gotta go back ten days later and do it again to eliminate the second wave as the larvae hatch. With two treatments they should clear up pretty good and you shouldn't have any more issues as long as you keep up with regular worming schedule from there on out.

Having a nice morning here. we slept in way to late! The dogs didn't even wake us up until 5AM! They never let us sleep in! Coffees great today thanks. Hoping our universe will start calming back down soon.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not to surprised there the male looks more pure breed but they all came from the same place it is what it is. Might also explain why they so small. Thanks v i have that on hand actually but what size dose do you give their size animal i guessing 30lbs at most may be even as low as 20 on one or two. I know the biggest is closer to 50lbs. Three of them aren't to friendly and the biggest is possibly pregnant. According to. The guy. He claimed they were just kune kunes but on two of them they look just kunekune the rest didn't. But wasn't a bad deal and they make fine meat regardless.
L

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101 My goal is 700 for the year, these horses eat a lot. :thmakes me tired think of it. They average 60# so just small squares.
Very blessed with the 6 families whom have made this happen, we are able to keep costs down for everyone. No fees to join, but insurance costs and books. And we gave a donation to our church for use of the building.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hay burner! But soooo lovely! Actually my dairy goats eat more hay per head than my minis. 2 to 3 times more. At least they repay with milk! :D

They have been baling here this week. Across street will get baled tomorrow. Second half of field yet to cut. Love to watch them. Their equipment bales, accumulates, then stacks -- one pass.

Slept a while, awoke & up way too early. This will be a long day.

Latest posts