Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So far it's taking one CP to make one and a half cages, so I will not be doing 18.
What diameter are you making the rings and how big are these plants? I just have peony rings that I think are about 18" diameter. Not nearly as strong as a CP of course and once stabbed into the ground on their 3 legs are only about 2' high. But without them, yep just a big soggy mess of flowers on the ground. Somehow the design of the peony plant seems to be inadequate.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
What diameter are you making the rings and how big are these plants? I just have peony rings that I think are about 18" diameter. Not nearly as strong as a CP of course and once stabbed into the ground on their 3 legs are only about 2' high. But without them, yep just a big soggy mess of flowers on the ground. Somehow the design of the peony plant seems to be inadequate.

I have some monster ancient huge peonies to support, some are close to 5' tall and pretty girthy. I am making them with four 2' panels. Some of the peonies are still quite small and a regular cage would be fine for them. But my issue with cages, or peonies themselves, is that even when caged the flower stems collapse over the supports and you have a bunch of broken stemmed, head hanging flowers.
Like I mentioned, this isn't a big issue with the single petaled ones. It's those big fat fluffy doubles that soak up rain like a sponge and then can't hold themselves up.

:hu I never knew that peonies needed a cage... I am sure mine appreciate their cage free life though.

Free range peonies! :weee

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, Coffee is on.
Today unloading horse trailer full of hay. Got another 240 bales of hay baled, up to about 400 of my goal of 700. Have friend's coming over to swim with us early afternoon. Have 3 people who want to look/buy bunnies. And storms predicted late afternoon. We need rain.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Are you looking for a pal? LOL I've got a tiny one for you!

:D Definitely NOT looking for a pal. And I, naturally, defer to your expertise on his conformation. My inexperienced self just thought he was beautiful. And I am totally able to admire a thing of beauty without the desire to acquire.
Guess I'm just a sucker for the dappled body with the blonde mane and tail. :\

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Xerocles -- oh no. I have a couple who could move to SC! Free. Silver (with dapples) color is lovely. None of that here right now.

Coffee working. Milking came first. Hot out already and will get even hotter. I washed and hung out all my winter jackets & coveralls yesterday -- believe they are over for this year. :lol:

I'm working in stores today. Better temps. Outside was pretty tiring yesterday -- doable but slow.

Those is this heat extreme -- stay safe, stay cool, drink water!

Latest posts