Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
coffee is on.
DH's boss/ friend brought over his old JD and disc up an area in the fields that was all weeds, we've been mowing it but he wanted to "play" and he'll plow it up at some point, and we'll seed it at some point probably closer to fall. Kid's have a riding lesson this morning, I need to weed and also get the camper unwinterized and ready for this weekend's camping trip. Friday's trail ride went well except Daisy decided to try and roll with Jocelyn.... looking into a check rein or something.. ugh silly mare.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffees is ready. Cleaning fence row today. This kid is one of a kind. He is collecting aluminum cans. So he put a barrel out by the road and a sign reading, Donate your cans here. LOL We have a boat trailer and he spied it. He wants to build a tiny house and needs a trailer to put it on. So he and BJ struck a deal on the trailer, subject to parents approval, which his Dad gave last night. This winter, he and his PawPaw are going to build him a tiny house. He rodeos and rides steers. He wants to be a champion bull rider. He finished up in second place, won a belt buckle and a cash prize. We love this kid.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning!!! Coffee over.....chores over.....we are all wet here!!

Rain -- all day, all week. Tooooo much. Plus, only low 60s. Cool & wet. Anyone want some? I will be GLAD to share. I just rcently washed & packed the winter stuff...90+ temps. Now I need some light jackets.

I'm going to work....might as well. :idunno I know how the goats feel :D

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
This kid is one of a kind. He is collecting aluminum cans.
Wish my DD2 was even 1/100th as industrious as that boy!
Re: aluminum cans. I was collecting all the kitchen metal since I had a bunch of scrap metal to get rid of. Separated out the aluminum at one point then kept the separate BIG box of it for future aluminum. I THOUGHT aluminum brought some actual money. Turns out to not be so, a mere $0.08/pound and it takes a lot of cans to make a pound! The place I gained most on the effort was removing the aluminum fin from baseboard hot water pipe we removed when we put in the new propane hot air furnace. Without the aluminum the copper pipe moved up to "clean copper" which is worth more than "dirty copper".

All the sorting and separate storing of the "kitchen aluminum" was not worth the couple of dollars I got.

Latest posts