Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol they want you lost so you see more things and buy more things Bruce lol.

Well starting a new quilt today. Wasn't planning on that need to get to work though my aunt having her baby shower on the 25th of July and well this is for her new baby girl.
You are exactly right @Jesusfreak101 ; they want you to wander the aisles, then you often buy more. I shop less and less in stores that keep changing things. Told them at the TSC that they would lose us farmers if they kept moving stuff.... the one mgr said that they fought with the "home office" over that alot.... and they had some leeway with regular stuff and that she would do her best to not move some of it so that we could come in and get stuff and go.
Our local farm bureau "merged with " ace hardware and they took out some stuff and changed some other and the mgrs here at the local branch really tried to get them to leave some things alone....
I find that the Rural King that is an hour away tends to keep things more in the same places except for seasonal stuff of course.
I hate it too. I will go in and ask instead of wondering around looking for something that was here in this spot for months.... I don't have time for all the BS.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's funny - a grocery store chain that I shop had said with the last change (a few years ago) that they were trying to make all of their stores exactly the same on the inside, so anyone could walk into one of their stores anywhere and feel comfortable about their ability to find stuff. Unfortunately for them, the original layout of the stores when they were built isn't the same, and some things were just too expensive to rearrange (things like plumbing, gas lines, etc). So, they aren't identical, but they are close. And like a lot of other businesses around here, they often have a member of management posted near the front of the store, and if you pause for even a second where they can see you, they ask if they can help you find something. Sometimes, I avoid making eye contact just so they won't ask. :hide Is customer service really that rare in other parts of the country? What a pity.

Some of the bigger stores (like Walmart) have an app you can install on your phone that will tell you exactly where in the store to find the things you are looking for. And of course, these days, some stores don't really want you coming into the store at all, they have "curbside service" that some (like Target) don't even charge for. Especially because Covid, I find I am using websites and phone apps a lot more these days. For example, before I went to TSC to buy an incubator, I first checked on the website to find out if my local store had the model I was interested in in stock. At 8:00 am, they didn't, but they had a delivery, and when I checked again around noon, they had 3 of 'em.

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
All of the Hannaford stores here are laid out differently, pretty annoying. I could deal with rearrangement ONCE if they made them all the same. The newest one, larger than all the rest, is at the other end of the strip mall where they were originally before they built a new store around the corner. They WERE going to expand into the space between their store and Kmart, kicked out the movie theater (3 small), drug store and dry cleaners. Then built not 100 yards SW of the strip mall. ALL of that area has been vacant for the last 10-15 years.

In fact the road they built on is named Hannaford Road, it didn't exist until Hannaford built their new store. Go down near the end and right turn into Hannaford, left into Lowes. Then last year they decided they needed an even bigger store and took over what was the KMart end of the original strip mall building, rehabbed that and opened a few months ago. Don't know what is going in the rest of the mall, they are still rehabbing it. And the store on the right on Hannaford Road is empty.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weee:weee:weee:weee:celebrateCOFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE WWWWEEEEEEE
Dh is headed to Dallas again today. First he went to move a tractor for a friend of ours then he head that way anyways. Both today and tomorrow. The kids and I are going to the bank and feed store. I need to get hay the animals are stuck in their yards today they are all grounded. Lol ok well the pigs are anyways. The goats and calf can't be in the field until we get rid of the part of the oak that fell. They haven't ever had problems before eating it but the amount they bow have access to is not on my comfort leave. Plus no electric fence so that's an issue.thats the tree its huge. I take another picture to show what's in the field later. But yah fun stuff its going to be stupid hot today. 107 is what they claim is the hottest it will be today with the heat index. So milking now and the breakfast feed store and bank. Then sewing and school. And I suppose cleaning but it's under protest, but i be happy while i do it. So if you stop by and hear off key singing and see some one dancing well just don't judge lol.

Attachments

• 20200709_140520.jpg
    20200709_140520.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 262

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well had hot coffee and started out ok after that. It's HOT out there now. Will be dumping and refilling water troughs shortly, I'm sure. We got about 2" of rain over 2 days from that coastal storm. Not bad. It has been dry and it was needed.

I hate it when everything moves in a store, too! As a consumer. When customers ask "do you work here?" I say not for the store -- I'm one of those who come in and move everything around so you can't find it! :lol: This was an older store & needed to be re-organized & upgraded. Looks good when done. :idunno It's a job.

I so need to weed in my garden! Every time I harvest, I remind myself what that would cost at the store! It makes the work seem more worth the effort with just the dollar amounts. The health benefits are far greater but, the $$$ makes me feel good :D I'm sure everyone out there agrees.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The kids and grands left this morning for Odessa. We sure enjoyed their visit and we needed the rest! Haha, we went from working HARD outside to chilling under the AC, watching cartoons with the girls. I picked a washtub of tomatoes for the past 4 days. I put some in the freezer, still have just over 100 on the table in various stages of ripeness. I canned green beans today, got 6 pints. I have eggplant to put in the freezer, lots of it! I'll be in the kitchen working tomorrow.