Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have cantaloupe slices in the dehydrator for cantaloupe jerky. LOL it’s chewy and delicious. About to get dressed and go do chores. The heat is so awful I have stayed inside for several days. I got canning done, FINALLY washed all the clothes! Got a pan of jalapeños and eggplant to put up today and more tomatoes.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear you on the heat. I don't mind being sticky, but sweating so hard that the sweat keeps dripping on my glasses, and the glasses keep sliding down my nose, is more than tiresome. Combine that with humidity, and even in the shade I feel like I can't breathe. I'm doing outside stuff early and late, and retreating to the house during the worst of it - though, after being out in the heat, even the AC set at 78° feels chilly.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear you on the heat. I don't mind being sticky, but sweating so hard that the sweat keeps dripping on my glasses, and the glasses keep sliding down my nose, is more than tiresome. Combine that with humidity, and even in the shade I feel like I can't breathe. I'm doing outside stuff early and late, and retreating to the house during the worst of it - though, after being out in the heat, even the AC set at 78° feels chilly.
I sure know how you feel, pretty bad humidity here also, starts in March and runs till October...... lol..

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have cantaloupe slices in the dehydrator for cantaloupe jerky. LOL it’s chewy and delicious. About to get dressed and go do chores. The heat is so awful I have stayed inside for several days. I got canning done, FINALLY washed all the clothes! Got a pan of jalapeños and eggplant to put up today and more tomatoes.
I need that recipe!!! Sounds yummy and our melons are doing great!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need that recipe!!! Sounds yummy and our melons are doing great!

It’s very simple. Cut in half, scoop seeds, quarter and peel. Slice thin, about 1/8-1/4 inch. Put in dehydrator, it takes a whole day to dry. I turn it off at night because of the roaring noise. If they aren’t “done” I turn it back on for a short time then bag them. For long term storage I vacuum seal. I’ll bet your kids will like Cantaloupe Jerky!

F059AFCF-88CB-463E-ACD8-A4CC59D3EFB0.jpeg

Thanks for the coffee, I slept till 7:30!! I was tired. I have tomatoes and eggplant staring at me. More to pick in the garden too. The long green beans are coming in, I’ve canned 12 pints of Kentucky Wonder beans and they are loaded with blooms. Purple Hull peas are loaded with blooms and small peas, I have six rows, 50’ long. I’ve got to get sweet corn planted! I’m canning, freezing and dehydrating like a squirrel packing acorns away for winter! LOL LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m canning, freezing and dehydrating like a squirrel packing acorns away for winter! LOL LOL

I had planned to be a squirrel yesterday but, instead, went and did a jobl TEN hours! Came home, closed coops, checked animals, had a glass of wine and hit the bed! It sure made me realize how much nicer my retirement days were & are gonna be. :D =D I'd rather be outside, hot, dirty and on my own schedule & home before dusk.! Today, I am. My tractor awaits The cantaloupe sounds delish. You know it will be a treat this winter. Soon, figs will be ripening!! MY dehydrated candy.

Check several of my elderberry picking sites. Several are ripening enough to pick .... next week will be busy with that. I'm watching an apple tree that property owners do not pick from. A neighbor is going to ask if I can......smallish but, ok for some butters & jelly...plus animal treats.

Ya'll have a great day! I need to get moving !! :frow

Latest posts