Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm having coffee but been drinking it for a while. Went to auction and got tomatoes, eggplant, peppers & cantaloupe. Came home thinking I'd get some canned before bed. Porch light isn't on -- I know it was, so maybe a dead bulb. Open door, no light, no AC, no electric! WHAT!!??

Yeah a few thousand of us were out..... OK, it's been 98-100 all day, now 88 and.....crap! Unloaded veggies. Called DD & it's been off a couple hrs. Was glad I had some LED fixtures not up anywhere, with batteries.
Played solitare on my Ipad a while....finally, AC, lights! Off about 7 hrs. Freezers full and I wouldn't open anything -- didn't need water, etc. Time & cool were only losses. :)

Since I had almost 3 bushel of tomatoes :ep I needed to get with it. Right now I have 7 qt & 5 pt done, with some cooking down for sauce to can in a while. Yeah -- a LOT more to go. :lol: Think I'll have some cantaloupe! You know where I'll be all day.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah -- and my generator was near the back end of the farm. I can only move it any distance with the FEL on the tractor -- it was dark and who knows WHAT I'd hit, run over, drop. That's a today job -- bring it back up to here. ;) I know you just put up a LOT of tomatoes! Fun, huh?? :lol: Will be better this winter, just using them.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay, I had eggplant parm, too!!

9 pints of tomato sauce (Onion, garlic, basil). 6 qts tomato juice. I rarely drink it, so it will work for soups! Cantaloupe in dehydrator -- because of Bay -- the fresh slices I ate were really good! So I'm at about 3/4 bushel tomatoes that can hold a couple days to ripen more -- OR may dehydrate some. 2 lopes & will probably dehydrate one of those. THEN.....finish the peppers -- yellow, red & green......chop & freeze most, but plan to stuff some & freeze for winter. Have all the things to do stuffing. Most of eggplant in freezer. Should be done by Monday. :idunno

Late day -- SURPRISE -- it actually RAINED at my house!!! :celebrate:weee:clap

About 4, usual clouds, thunder...I kinda ignored it since it's been doing all that and leaves. Then, I realized it was truly raining! Been about a month now. GOOD rain...some hard and fast, then slow and staying for now. It was sooooooooooooo needed!!!!! Plus, cooled things off. My pastures will come back now. :yesss: More rain from the little hurricane in the Tues-Thur timeframe. Perfect.:D =D Relief. :D =D Needed.

Last edited:

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Sor
I hope that's a miss type!!! :ep

Still hot & dry here. Gal was to bring 2 goat kids to band today, not now. Moved until tomorrow....told her then or find another to do! I mean I can only work "favors" in so many times & adjust my own work. :he

I'm enjoying coffee -- while I check on everyone & update on me. :caf Slept well and longer than usual, thankfully but, need the kick.

Chicken coop re-work today so I can move more into it. Then 5 more bucklings to move in with other 6.....auction day 8/8 & they need to be where I can load all easily. They'll love the xtra hay & grain for a week. :) I need to get them in there while I have time to wrangle if needed. I have a heavy work schedule next week and won't have time to move them. Prep ahead.

Tonight is the veggie auction -- I'm excited! Need to get tomatoes canned for winter. Will be busy tomorrow with all that.

Everyone enjoy their day!! :frow
yes 155 was a typo but we do regularly get in the 130’s here but its usually a dry heat not humid but lately were coming up on monsoon season here so humidity is crazy high.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I think the 155° is a type given the record high in Death Valley is 134°.
Even if she meant 115° it would still be WAY WAY WAY too hot!!

A lot happier than I am to have him as a "guest".
Yes we are near Death Valley, not many people make that connection good job! Were actually closer to the Mexican border and much lower elevation.But don’t believe what you hear it actually gets hotter than 135 just at our place in the shade. In Death Valley and much of the Mojave desert it is usually 15 degrees HOTTER than the news says because their thermometers aren’t here in the heat theyre closer to town. Were so far out in the sand dunes it looks like another planet. Upside of that is we have absolutely no predators cause everything dies before it reaches us. Downside the heat is a predator itself. Today and yesterday were beautiful! Only 115 and 45% humidity and were in heaven