Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.... maker decided not to work today...but kerique is working.
Yesterday my son John got to participate in Area 4H tractor driving. He had a couple good runs and one not so good. The other boy from our county gets to go on to state. Excited for him. Clean rabbit cages then a Walmart run and Feed run. Hoping to get beans and corn put up but that'll probably be tomorrow.
Prayers for safety for all in the storms way.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A tractor run sounds like fun, glad your son got to participate and have a couple of good runs. Thanks for the coffee!

Yesterday I took the day off. No canning. Today I'll probably pay for it. LOL Got to slice cucumbers and put to soak in lime water, then cook and can them tomorrow, wash, blanch and put purple hull peas in the freezer, snap and can Kentucky Wonder beans, and tomatoes are staring at me from the table.

For some reason, my knee woke me up at 3 AM in pain and I couldn't straighten it. Great. THAT'S all I need! I've rubbed it with Arnicare, I have work to do! I am not hobbling around so good......:tongue

Our friend and hay guy has Covid-19. His wife had it first, she is a nurse in a doctor's office, now he has it. They both have jobs of exposure, he works for a soft drink beverage company and is in and out of stores and public places all day. His parents live on one side of them, his grandmother lives on the other side of them. I hope neither of them gets Covid too.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:( I must go to work today Mon had to prep things before storm, yesterday storm & check things, some clean up. Now -- yep, gotta do the work. Normally I would not mind BUT....I want to go buy & pick up some chickens that are 113 miles away. Work is truly getting in my way. :D =D Fig friend just called to remind me to pick up another 20#. Add to today's rounds. :caf Coffee is sure welcome !!! Need 30 hr days.

BUT -- sun is out, temps more normal in mid 80s. Life is good. Just busy. Feed bins full, animals all here. Goat auction moved from 8/8 to 8/15...good for me, I need the time with losing 2 days this week. Juggle!

Everyone have a great day :frow:D =D

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:( I must go to work today Mon had to prep things before storm, yesterday storm & check things, some clean up. Now -- yep, gotta do the work. Normally I would not mind BUT....I want to go buy & pick up some chickens that are 113 miles away. Work is truly getting in my way. :D =D Fig friend just called to remind me to pick up another 20#. Add to today's rounds. :caf Coffee is sure welcome !!! Need 30 hr days.

BUT -- sun is out, temps more normal in mid 80s. Life is good. Just busy. Feed bins full, animals all here. Goat auction moved from 8/8 to 8/15...good for me, I need the time with losing 2 days this week. Juggle!

Everyone have a great day :frow:D =D
30 hr days would just make you need longer ones.... Believe me, I feel the same. And with the knees I work even slower than you do I am sure. Yep, work is getting in the way of things.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I will be making sweet spicy pickles today. It's my Great Grandmother's recipe, I've been making it since I was in high school. The slices soak in pickling lime water for 24 hours, rinse, soak in vinegar water for 2 hours, then cook in syrup and spices. So I'll be canning today. I got tomatoes that are ripe, but I think I'll put them in the freezer. Pigs go to slaughter August 24, so I'll have to can the tomatoes before then, got something like 8 or 9 one gallon bags. Busy today!