Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Storm came through about supper time. Trees came down on power lines just east of us. No power all evening. Thankful for a gas stove. Will probably be picking the last planting of corn that came down, hoping it’s ready.
1C6FF496-310A-4DD7-A8F3-5D02F194F122.jpeg
A011B9BC-08C1-445B-B705-5C6E73308BB5.jpeg

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey @Mini Horses what ever became of that unexpected foal you had? Can't remember seeing you post anything about it lately....

Oh, still here. :D A friend wants the colt and that's a go for me! Was just too hot to work with the penning, trailering, etc. to take it and mare to her place until weaned. So, will probably be taking the colt in a couple of weeks. Cute thing. And weaned...4 months of age yesterday. I'm just not wrangling with them anymore. Like those occasional cows that are more work than you want to give. Have desperately loved horses all my life -- now, not wanting to put in the time they require to be your BFF. She has a grandaughter who wants to do and also has several riding & minis. Good home!

@promiseacres you have some issues there. :rolleyes: Hope your corn is going to be useable. The power lines? Suspect that will be fixed pretty quickly. At least in my area it would be, the co-ops here are real good. When the hurricane came thru recently, I was only out about 7 hrs. Some areas a couple days.

:caf Having my morning coffee and wake-up time. Nice to have someone to "talk" to. Well, the goats talk to me -- different senario. Accomplished some of yesterday's goals and some not even considered...you know how you start one and it blossoms into a lot more? Grass cutting did that. But, looks good. Now I'll add some power washing to my next week chores.! Need to finish clearing "stuff" from the back porch first. How'd this happen?? :idunno Only me to blame! I see some painting to do, also. Just repairs.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm just not wrangling with them anymore.
Have desperately loved horses all my life -- now, not wanting to put in the time they require to be your BFF.

Nothing makes me cringe like hearing a parent say they want to get a foal so it and their kid can grow up together. I tell them, "you really, really don't want to go there. You don't realize how much even a 'green broke' horse knows, until you deal with one that knows nothing at all about dealing with people." Some, like Blondie, seem to learn manners by osmosis, but others . . . . :hide

It sounds like a great situation that colt is going to! :thumbsup

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bunnylady It is a great home! Have known this lady for over 20 years -- we showed/raised minis at same time. We were/are good friends. The DGD is now 17 and has been "horsing around" for at least 12 of those years! :D =D She's almost 6' tall and has the knowledge, patience and size to handle this rascal easily.

My retirees are all tame, been handled forever, some even showed. But, I trained babies for years and it takes more than I want to give now. Yeah, still love a horse!! Just prefer these pasture ornaments now. :old I'm over all the work and prep for the many shows, parades, sales, etc.

Not to say the goats aren't work or need "training" Just NO WHERE near what a well mannered horse gets/needs!! I remember tying 10 mares with babes at side for a weekly training in "tie & groom". Baths were always fun. :lol: Usually had 25-30 mares. It was a working farm...full time. Had 2 full-time workers, one lived on farm.

And, yes --- one of first questions I'd ask a prospective buyer "WHAT" do you want to do with, expect from, this animal? Then...into all the set-up, experience, etc., etc. Fortunately, many of my foals went to homes already into horses, showing, etc. Many were people I dealt with & saw at the shows. Plus, I tended to raise the smaller ones. Only a few in the driver sizes of 34" or so. Mine were primarily 27-30". This one will mature at 32ish. She'll probably use for driving, eventually. They used to show in those classes a lot. I'm happy to gift him to her.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It does sound like a great place for the little guy to go. Glad that it is working out for you. One of the reasons I gave up the horses after my old retired mare died. They do require so much work and care. The cows you can leave and come back to without near as much "redoing" as a horse. I still miss riding and have not ruled out another horse. But I didn't have the time to give a horse the proper care , and exercise, with trying to work and the cattle and all that so after my mare died at 27 I just stayed out. Maybe now that things are slowing down.... you never know, sometimes an opportunity comes up unexpectedly. Have gotten most all my dogs that way; who knows. Not looking at this point, I have alot to do as it is still, and the house will require some serious time for a couple of months....but you never know....

:lol:Give my son one more thing to B#@#h about.... first my dairy cows then a horse on top of it....:lol::weee:ep:ep:idunno:smack:th:th:tongue Had a horse long before I ever thought about him.....

Last edited:

Latest posts