Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. We picked up our granddaughters yesterday, an all day car ride. Halfway, 3 1/2 hours, then back. Kids were GLAD to get to our house! 3 year old sleeps between us and kicks like a mule. We were both up at 3:30 AM. LOL The 13 year old is getting her social schedule in order, we’ll drop her off at 10 this morning to spend the night with a friend and we’ll see what tomorrow brings. We pick up 30 CCX chicks today, 1 1/2 hour drive, I expect the little girls to cuddle baby chicks all the way back. Paper towels and sanitizing wipes will go with us! Sooooo looking forward to the next few days to play with the kids!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres was this from the downed corn? Of so, that's a good save. Field corn next to me has suffered from our July heat wave & no rains.

@Baymule it's good to get visits from the grandkids! Sure a tough ride but, you can do! Are they home schooling this year? You know those chicks will be held today :D =D what's a little girl to do? Chicks are cute & fluffy :idunno

Sun out, mid 70s now -- heavy dew on grass. Will heat to mid 80s so a tolerable day out there. Of course, all sounds great but, a flat on the tractor (front, thankfully!) is a bummer!!! Gotta fix that......I need to use it, of course! Right now, I have a little job at a close store to go do before I get "farm smell" & dirt all over me. :lol: I really need to stay home. That "R" word keeps haunting me! :old

DGD leaves for college this weekend. Yeppers, they are doing it. Not sure how long it will last but, she's only 1.5 hours away so not bad if we have to make a run get her. DD, DGD & I have been running about getting all her "take with" things together. A small frig & MW were delivered last week for her room, some plastic totes ready to help hold things there, a list of "stuff", washer loads of clothes.....it's a job to get ready!! Head 'em up & move 'em out! 🤪 DD takes her Sunday.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
@Baymule sounds like you're having a blast with the granddaughters. :cool:
@Mini Horses yes I'm still working on the down corn. Some did restand and I left as much as I could so we will still have some fresh.
7 qts of corn canned yesterday, kids finished shucking and I'm going to get the rest canned this morning. qts seem like SO much corn... I might double stack pints this time. Then clean rabbit cages, and a Co-op start up party/gathering this afternoon. At some point those beans need picked again and canned. And I need to prep for starting school as I have it planned for Monday....but am squeezing in a trail ride tomorrow afternoon.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's an all day trip, I know -- but good that all can arrange for these visits. I'm certain it's hard since you had always had them "at least once a month" for their visits......and been available for assisting when needed.
Other than separation anxiety, how's it going for DD & SIL in their new location? Are they adjusting?

Thought about you as I awoke at 3:30 this morning -- thinking I bet she's up with a grand about now....:lol:

Yeppers, having coffee and planning my day. Reworked dehydrator trays, waiting for coffee....my Keurig would be faster but, drip is fine.
Tasty & might be eye-opening.

Everyone have a great day!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It will be much harder for them to visit with school resuming. Even a 3 day weekend isn’t enough with 2 days travel time. We’ll be going there in September. DG #3 Birthday is September 1, DDs Birthday is Sept 6. Already been told THEY have a 3 day weekend and WE can go see them! LOL LOL So we will be gone for 5 days.

Latest posts