Coffee anyone ?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not even 40’ here! Had to bundle up..Chris is worried were going to start getting a frost a ruin the gardens!! So, today two of our goats are due to kid...but absolutely no signs..we’ve got everything ready to go. Of course the weekend is full of plans!😩. We’ve got the farm down to a nice Routine now...Chris does cows and pigs I do goats and rabbits..chickens..ar3 a dual effort...the growing he does, the business I do. So, we’re having a good time❤️❤️❤️

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been drinking coffee, trying to catch up on threads. Day is dawning, the rest will have to wait. Got things to do, inside and outside. Our middle bedroom started out looking nice, then Mom died and a lot of her stuff got shoved in there. The bed is full size, it's not working for our over 6' son, nor for our over 6' DSIL. My sister is moving, downsizing, and has given us a queen size bed. So what to do with this overload of stuff? I know! There is a young family rehabbing an old single wide mobile home up the road, so we offered the bedroom set to her and she could pay us out. Its a full size cherry poster bed, chest of drawers, vanity with chair, nightstand, boudoir chair and plush nearly new mattress. We threw in 2 solid wood end tables for the living room and a curio cabinet. Plus the bedspread and 3 sets of sheets, which I have laundered. She was thrilled and is picking it up this weekend. I have cleaned out most of the drawers, so much stuff! This is kicking off my nesting instincts, I will empty the room and re-apply polyurethane to the floor. I will use an oil base this time, the water base I used all over the house has failed. The living and kitchen areas are marred with scratches, the sand we track in has ground the finish off, NOT what I expected. My goal is to refinish the whole house floors. When I tackle the living and kitchen area, I'll have to get BJ out of the house and out of my way. Maybe I can send him off to visit DD and family for a week......... I'll get to it at some point, it's been on my radar for a year now.

That's enough blabbering, got to get dressed, do outside chores, finish getting the stuff in the bedroom ready to leave and whatever else I can find to do.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can relate to the "stuff left behind". ;) Not bad stuff but a lot of things. I go thru boxes in spurts....it's a long process. My room over the garage is full of furniture & boxes. A lot is brand new linens, more pots & pans than a body needs, etc. :idunno Clothes went to a shelter years ago.

It's upper 70s here. Ok out. Fog has burned off...dew heavy. Usual. They say possible scattered showers late day & way more tomorrow. But we will be rewarded with 4 days of 90s...and sun. o_O Yep.

I see you southern people.......TX & FL......get TWO storms together next week. Team play. Wow!:th

Better get something going out there..........:frow

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have the whittling stuff down itch. Remembering going through mom and dads house makes me not want to do that to my kids. It wasn't terrible, but they had a lot of things they were never going to need or use. So do I.
It helps to be in a very practical frame of mind at the time, so much easier to let go of things that hold certain nice memories.
Putting off getting off to work, there's still coffee in the pot. Sure would rather stay home and do my own yard work.