Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
The mill needs six pounds of fiber to do a run of yarn and a bunny provides about four to six ounces each haircut and they get about three haircuts a year.

Wow, that's 6 buns for what they need to do a run of yarn, 1X a year. How many do you have? Add shipping, etc., that's some expensive yarn....I would guess. Well, a luxury item.

😁

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today -- RAIN -- just rain & more rain. No sunshine. Started sprinkly, off & on stuff. Supposed to be heavier tonight....compliments of Sally. Probably no better tomorrow, all day....and even lingering into Saturday. Hey, no need to hang around gal -- move on, see the sights!

Told those goats they'd better learn to get out and graze between the drops! :lol: You were supposed to eat the hay, not pull it out & lay in it! Chickens are loving the wet ground as the worms come up. Horses -- could care less! They like the cooler temps and a shower

I worked. I'm home. I'm inside. Just close the coops in a while. No guilt! :D =D

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh mini, I so feel your pain with the rain...the sun was actually out for three hours today and we all have stiff necks from looking at the mysterious blue sky and that big orange ball up there ...rumor has it that the rain may be gone for a few days and we a in for cooler weather ....we will believe it when we see it ;)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Got the jalapeños and salsa canned. Rabbit cages cleaned. Kid's put the food in the camper. Other than I need to pack my clothes I think we ready to go camping. I need it. They are calling for a frost tomorrow morning but it is what it is. If it does then we'll just need to clean up the garden, if it doesn't I will keep canning.
Next week...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I hope y'all enjoy your camping, sounds like you need a break! I get it on the canning. I think I've spent more time in the garden and kitchen this year than I have in a long, long time. Haha, today I'm going to pick 4 dozen jalapeno's and we'll make poppers, stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in half a strip of bacon, bake for 15 minutes, cool and vacuum seal, freeze for later consumption. A neighbor brought us some pears, been working on them for 3 days. Got 16 pints. I did them in 3 batches. After all this canning, I guess we'll just lay around all winter and eat. :lol:

Have you tried making the BBQ sauce yet?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
After all this canning, I guess we'll just lay around all winter and eat. :lol:

I agree! Geesh, I look at the jars and think "who eats this much???" It brings a reality to you -- let's just see how much is left, come Spring. I just opened my last pint of peach butter -- Aug, 2018 on label. I don't eat a lot jellies/jams, so....not an issue. But the soups, tomatoes, veg, chicken I have canned/frozen... huge. 🤔

It's still sprinkly out there. 66 degrees -- that's nice, if you are dry. Guess I need to pull the AC from the window soon. Hasn't been on for several days. Wanted to go to produce auction last night & forgot. To bed at 10:30 -- really early for me -- slept great. Sometime before awakening the power went out for just over 1.5 hr. :idunno Saw that as I went to kitchen & found blinking lights on the stove. Interesting. Reset the clock....and on MW. All ok.

PA -- enjoy the weekend camping trips!! You guys have been working real hard between the two houses, garden, hay and all that! You DESERVE a weekend of fun -- have it.

Sally drifted away -- we got some heavy rains in the area but, not here. The rivers will be flowing heavy for a few days as all settles in. One area already had roads out from a system of downpours 2 weeks ago & got hit again. Flooded roadways......better than those with flooded homes. :( Many fields are way too wet to work. Crop harvest is touchy. Cotton ok, corn needs to come down, p-nuts--hope not rotted. Hay fields, ok to wait & grow.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
We get the avos when they fall on the roof of the workshop. In the middle of the night we hear a 'bam! bumpity-bumpity-fump as they roll down the roof and fall to the ground.
Maybe you need to hang some woven rope "hammocks" off the edge of the roof to catch the crop.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good idea, Bruce!

After wandering around & seeing all the "ponds" around, I checked and we got 4.5" last night!! That is just shy of 9" in past 3 days. Enough!!

My little ray of sunshine -- one of the group of pullets I bought last Sat gave me the first egg! How cute. Several others are getting color. Then, a group of 3 "pullets" turns out to be 2 & a roo... happens ;) At least partial barred rock, so....should be meaty! LOL