Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Vacations over. Back to reality. Beautiful weather for starting fall cleanups though. Which means it's also beautiful riding weather dang it.
You'll have to change jobs if you don't want a "good riding weather" conflict with "good working weather"!

Morning comes early and a long day of work coming with it.
Especially when you post at 2 AM! :ep

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
You'll have to change jobs if you don't want a "good riding weather" conflict with "good working weather"!

Yeah, unless I can get some "sponsors" 😄.
This time of year when the weather is fine you can hear the riding clock tick tocking away. It's almost a desperation! My friend/neighbor/riding buddy talked me into ditching Friday for a good long ride in a new place.
Guess I'll be working in the rain eventually, haha.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you have that option you DO have the ability to ride without quitting your job :D

Oh it's definitely an option. I used to do it all the time when I had 18 accounts. It was a necessity back then. Now that I have far fewer accounts I am more picky about the weather conditions, but if you play you pay right?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Especially when you post at 2 AM! :ep
Yep. Part of the odd sleep patterns I tried to tell Bay about! But went to bed and slept well until alarm at 6. Chores and at work in a store at 9....to second store and home about 5:30. Logged in 14 hr of job assignments, which were completed in less time but I get all projected hrs they set per job. Took me 8 hrs plus travel, which pays hrly rate and mileage amounts. I'm pretty fast for an old gal! :lol: plus OT for over 10...it was a good day!

Chores tonight. Packaged eggs for DD to take to customers at work tomorrow. Ate, catching up with everyone and will get to bed about 10:30. Will sleep well tonight!!! Back up about 6 for similar day tomorrow. Fri is about half a day then off for weekend. Mon & Tue work, then off until following Mon. :rolleyes: unless someone else can't get jobs completed and I agree to sub. Not likely I will --- I have these porch posts & railings to paint! It will give me a break. Our work is sporadic and somewhat seasonal. Usually very slow Nov to Feb. Used to be very busy in winter with food demos -- CV19 has stopped that. :(

May get back into gear with sewing this winter. Used to make a lot of clothes, household items, animal blankets, stuffed toys, needlepoint, quilting -- you name! I have boxes of fabrics. It's a pattern with sewers. You buy just because you like the fabric...thinking you will sew it up. :hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to do a lot of sewing. I even had an upholstery business. At one time I had 2 commercial machines and 4 home sewing machines. I still have 1 commercial machine and a couple of home machines-old ones. I enjoyed redoing antiques and making them beautiful again.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Neighbor Ron is bringing his 5 Cornish Cross over this morning. We’ll get them on ice for him to take home. He’s going to help me butcher 5 more that go to Neighbor Russell. Russell is coming over Saturday morning before he hits the hay field and we’ll butcher his other 5. Today is a chicken day.