Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's tomorrow, today he gets a day of rest and I clean house, strip the bed, wash mattress covers, fresh sheets, vacuum floors, mop, dust, make sure he can get around with the walker and nothing to trip him up. Thank you for the prayers!

Coffee is soooo good this morning!
You should have had BJ do all that stuff, he's going to be a real slacker for a time after surgery tomorrow. Need to get the work out of him ahead of time ;)

I hope it goes well with a speedy recovery.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool 51 out there........yep, jacket. Going to 72 but, late day. I have 1/2 day of work for pay....then home mid afternoon. Have to get some hay in Thurs -- just for current needs, which are low. But will line up for winter stock Have about 1/2 way finished clean up for storage. It's coming along but, last 4 days of rain really slowed it up. :D =D Rain again Friday.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Let's all say a prayer for good results & fast recovery for @Baymule & BJ, whose having hip surgery today....

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. 55° F...temps dropping today but we got out yesterday to enjoy the last 70° day.
Need to find groceries, clean rabbit cages or get a load of hay after co op....some of it can wait until tomorrow. Need to get to the farm and work on the house too.
Have two VL being picked up tomorrow by a repeat buyer. Need the cage space...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
About the same here....58. only 65 in side and that's a touch chilly for me. Windows open a little too much. :caf this hot coffee helps, as does jeans & long sleeves! Jacket weather out there.

Have some tomato seeds to package later. Got some wonderful fruits for canning & eating from a farmer who saves his seed and while these were prob a hybrid to create, he's stabilized them over the years. Extremely meaty and really great tomato taste! What sandwiches I had! Rare to get all in one. They are large, beautifully shaped, hold up well on the shelf & indeterminate. Sure want these next year in the garden. Did same with some peppers from him -- red, yellow, orange. Have you seen price of seeds??? One place had 1/4 lb green beans $9.95! Wow! Have a stack of seed, older, and while some may not germinate, some will. Canning jars, lids and seed -- way up in prices. Hope my animals don't get wind of this or they may want to start to charge for "their" fertilizer. 😁

Not even Nov and I'm thinking garden. :old. Old fart thoughts slamming in......
But it all came to mind as I looked at the tray of seed this morning and the garden area that no longer has the bucklings in there -- that I need to cut and disc, rake out grass roots, toss old hay and clean out sheds, dump there, weather is beautiful and I'm home. Get the reasoning now? Thoughts begin to make sense as they lead one to another.

About a month ago I moved some tubs of comfrey I had been growing for eventual planting in a "safe" place. Goats found when they had escaped one day...ate the leaves:( which I had not wanted! But they are all back with lovely growth. Nice. Spring will find them a forever home where they can become a large area of plants to crop for feed. Probably a section of this garden area I'm working into a forever garden plot. But looking at a small fruit tree plot I have fenced off, also...only chickens can get into.

Decisions! Glad that's all I have to worry with. :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have had good weather, so far. New electric bill emailed yesterday was down....no AC for over a month. Today, starting low 70s and dropping to upper 50s. :D =D Reverse of norm....cold front passing thru. Seems a 48 hr thing. Rains today.....spitting out there now. :idunno

Walked pastures yesterday and those cut/burned, etc. are coming in nicely. Blocked off from any grazing for now....and a while. Those cut long, a few weeks before and in good shape and being used for graze without looking like any stress. So long as weather stays stable, should handle everyone for another couple months without issue. By then, the blocked off ones will have winter graze available with controlled time on them. Hoping Mother Nature plays nice for me!

Will mostly be an "inside" day it appears.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
48 this morning, cold front coming through that @Mini Horses is also seeing. But it looks like the rain/showers are both east of us and then west of the mountains.... We may/may not get even more than a sprinkle. Partly sun but chilly. Tonight possible mid-30's. Then warming a little and back to more normal next week 60-70's days.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our highs for the next week top out mid 50s.

Will mostly be an "inside" day it appears.
Same here, rain all day today. That is OK, I have some wiring to do for the EV charging station. Finally got the hole through the wall yesterday and ran the wire in the conduit. Wire in the crawlspace went in a few days ago. Need to connect them and make a few modifications in the breaker box for the new 40A double breaker.

LOL Smart steer, I feed him first.
Squeaky wheel and all that!

Latest posts