Coffee anyone ?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a friend whose mom had a hide business when he was a little kid. She would tan game animal hides or domestic. I don't remember how she happened to get them, but she had a lot of skunk hides one time and she made a vest out of them. She said it was beautiful and a real conversation piece.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you feel better & get to ride. Sometimes lack of sleep makes you feel badly -- maybe you just need sleep!!

Yeah, one of those skunks looked like it was wearing a white cape. Mostly black legs and little snip of black on top of head. Pretty neat. I've apparently got this genetic in the area as have seen another similar in past. That one isn't around now -- this one & friend need to go " there". Can't shoot in place due to location. But it can be fun once trapped. So far I've been lucky with that and short cages. 😁 I have carried them 10 miles or so and released very carefully.....in past.

Cool out but nice. Going to upper 70s and I'm hoping to finish work assignments mid afternoon. Never really know until you get to store and see conditions and stock quantity in place. Yesterday was good -- and this store usually is in good shape. Will see.

I did get the yard cut Sun as well as bhog the garden and a couple fence and alley ways....on a roll:cool: and extended my tractor therapy time. Need to switch out to disc attachment and hit the garden before cold. Dumped about a doz sq of old hay I had gotten for there to smother some areas, and cleaned up that stack. The disc is a couple week out project. Still need to paint first. Still....yes, still.

Better get over coffee and start my day.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a friend whose mom had a hide business when he was a little kid. She would tan game animal hides or domestic. I don't remember how she happened to get them, but she had a lot of skunk hides one time and she made a vest out of them. She said it was beautiful and a real conversation piece.
My dad told us growing up that his grandma had a coat made of skunk hide, and it didn't smell unless it got wet.

People do buy the skunk hides, not sure what for, but you might be able to sell it if you were willing and able to get the hide. Especially since it's an oddly marked skunk.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day of sunshine and mild temps. Light fog. Was heavy last two days but clears quick with daybreak. Real wet grass early!

I've had open widows for a few weeks -- that time of year -- so, last night, rather suddenly, I got this ugly odor coming in. At first I thought smoldering swamp fire. It was bad. Got stronger on a gentle breeze...really rank! Went out to find a possom on the back porch that had apparently been into major ROT somewhere. Got it run off but actually had to spray an odor control product in the house. :oops:. Worse than a skunk...really bad.

I'm getting a lot of little, stinky visitors of late. That one was horrible. I may have to consider a dog...at least bark them away. :rolleyes:

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! Today is a home day, have a meeting with a forester at 10:30 about our Forestry Stewardship membership. She's coming to check on the health of our woods and to check the progress of our thinning.

We have snow in the forecast for Friday, but it won't be staying.
Temps in the teens overnight and 30's during the day, but next week in the 40's.