Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
SNOW -- there's that bad (for me) word. šŸ˜

The word and the white stuff is appearing in places some of our members inhabit. Ok, I don't even visit there.....try to stay far enough South to not have much of it. Just not a fan. Sure beautiful to see but, other in than my back yard for more than a few hours.

Here, it's just so messy. At least North and higher elevations have the preservation of the snow, not so much thaw and slop. :idunno

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same as @Mini Horses have had fog in the mornings and heavy dew. Yesterday the fog hung around until 10 but this morning was gone as soon as the sun came over the trees. Beautiful warm day yesterday... again today and tomorrow by the looks of it....70's and low 80's.... nights have been in the40's and low 50's.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Fog this morning. Sun this afternoon. Need to prep all food for camping. Co op. Bunny cages may need to wait. Praying for a mostly dry weekend.... we'll see storms predicted tomorrow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I hear rumbling of thunder. Trip was on the porch scratching st the door, he and Carson are napping on the floor. LOL The home health therapist is coming at 11 this morning. I had planned on slaughtering a few chickens, but timing of the therapist and rain predictions changed my mind. Maybe tomorrow. Iā€™ll do laundry instead. LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres -- I'm with you. Never been a breakfast eater. Now, I find I need to eat, so do but -- hate to fix it. I tend to heat leftovers from night before Or...when I cook, do extra to reheat. Sausage/bacon easy with an English muffin toasted. Prefer leftovers to heat. My mom used to tell people she never got fed until all the animals were taken care of.....about true. :D =D I like to cook -- just not early mornings.

@Baymule do the dogs & med visitors have issues? Or, just barks?

It's another pleasant day...fog has cleared now, upper 70s next 2 days, sunshine. Very nice!! Rains late day Sunday, so I'm planning to spread some cereal rye seed to be washed to the ground. (Birds eat a little at first put out, not much) Makes some decent winter graze as it's designed to grow in the colder temps. Won't stop need for hay but will give them some limited graze each day.....makes them feel as special as they are! Chickens love it too. PLUS, it's pretty cheap to buy the seed. At only $10-12 a 50# bag....I can't go but so wrong. Then it dies in heat, if any survives the munchers. Perfect šŸ˜ Have had a hard time finding it in past but have found a couple local farmers with it for sale. Sat morn I'll get about 300#.

Hope this weather holds for another month or two. Cold is not my favorite time but, really enjoying this now.

Met my new neighbor -- land owner -- yesterday. Nice young man, who says he may be able to build in a couple years. Well, been here 21 years now and it would be strange to not have just farmed fields on either side -- but, so it goes. He was here to bow hunt at the woods on the back side of his acreage. I told him where the deer tend to come & go......and that my goats are WHITE. :lol:

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres , aren't you supposed to be camping? Hope you get nice weather if you are and have a restful weekend.

We didn't get down to 8 as they predicted a few days ago. Happy about that, but they are saying snow starts at 10 and goes all day and night. I like winter, but it takes a little while to change mental gears and summer habits.
I need to get the water heaters set up today. Had to break ice on all the troughs. Supposedly we'll hit 11 tomorrow or Sunday. They keep changing the forecast.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Iā€™ve had the dogs in pastures when the HHC people come. With the Thunder Monster rumbling, there is no fence to contain Trip, so heā€™s inside right now. Of course Carson came too. I sent the therapist a text that I would come open/close the gate so she wouldnā€™t get wet. Trip and Carson will have to go out on the porch while she is here. Sentry and Sheba are I pasture 1, they can shelter in a part of the barn. I donā€™t put them in the barn/lot with the sheep, they get butted and itā€™s not fair to the dogs.