Coffee anyone ?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear a "pop" as I moved a bag. Looked and saw nothing. Later I found two broken eggs in my jacket pocket
At least they stayed IN your pocket. I have a habit of putting them in the pockets of my summer shorts. Thin fabric and busted eggs in your pocket don't go well together, lol. Ever had to run away from puppies that want to lick the eggs off of your leg?

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Finally got the rabbit cages cleaned, attempted to pair a couple of young half sibling bucks together...no fighting just a bit too much humping...having a bunny returned so needed the cage space. The humper may get put in the freezer I guess. He is sweet but type sucks.
also got the horse trailer unloaded. Truck bed too. Drizzled most the day.
Today speech, laundry...it's always laundry around here. Riding lessons.and school.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, going for my 2nd cup. Been misty drizzling rain here for days, it looks like heavy fog. Going to finish up processing the chickens today, clorox and clean the ice cooler and repeat on Friday. Lady picked up her order of 4 yesterday, very happy, raved about how good it is. I told her to tell her friends! Only need 2 more to finish the other order of 10. My dream is a tub plucker!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm home for another day... can't finish my fall cleanups until this snow melts off. It would be nice to be done and not hanging over my head, but I guess I'll be forced to go riding until it warms up enough to access the plants that need cutting down.
Supposed to be warming every day, and into the 50's this weekend, so if they are right I can hustle and get done the first week of November.
Thanks for the coffee!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom sure sounds tough -- having to ride until. Suspiciously so :lol:

Again with fog at get up but sunny & nice now. Had eye vision visit for glasses this morning... Left eye same and right improved. Really? Thought it was worse as some blur with lense...didn't know they improve. Still ok on the dreaded cataract for all crap. Not wanting any.

Did my few errands while out. Stopped in Habitat and found 3 of those big "recycle" bins in exc shape! Grabbed them at $1 each...now I have five. Wonderful for container garden items. Very sturdy, side handles and already holes in bottoms. Been wanting more. It's my lucky day. 😁.

gonna get out there and do something. Don't waste my day - what's left of it. :frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses if you need cataract surgery, go for it. BJ had cataracts and had the surgery. Tier one, fix the cataract, Medicare and supplement pays 100%. Tier 2, costs $2,000 more. Tier 3 would correct his stigmatizism and vision so that he wouldn’t have to wear glasses, cost $5,000 more. Can finance through Care Credit for 2 years, zero interest. We went with Tier 3. He now has 20/15 vision in one eye and 20/12 vision in the other eye. He can practically count leaves on trees. He didn’t know how poor his vision was. We are 1,000% happy with his vision. So don’t wait, get the surgery, you will be glad you did.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't need it. No cataracts. 😁 would do if needed but hoping never a need.

You have really rebuilt BJ !! When does medicare kick in for you to get that knee done?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't need it. No cataracts. 😁 would do if needed but hoping never a need.

You have really rebuilt BJ !! When does medicare kick in for you to get that knee done?
I misread your post! LOL I have medicare now. Knee hasn't hurt much for the past year, but I know it needs attention. BJ has been the one that needed medical attention and recovery. His other hip needs done too, probably with in a year. In January of this year, Trip and Carson were playing and slammed into the back of my knee. I did a face plant in the dirt with 225 pounds of dogs on me. I screamed in agony, rolling on the ground, pushed up on Trip and limped to the gate. Sent littlest granddaughter to get her Papaw. BJ brought the mule, took me to the house and I barely moved for days. They knocked my knee forward, sounds awful, but it doesn't hurt any more. :lol: I can coast for probably another year.

Latest posts