Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule you're saying you have a doggie chiropractor? Nice! :lol: :old

:caf. Looks like outlying Zeta rains moving in early afternoon...heavy late day...gone sometime Fri early. Hope winds don't take out power. Will fill gas cans this morning just in case I need the generator to run. The rains will be ok as I have the seed being beat into the ground and need them to keep moist. Sprouting is happening!! :yesss:. Hopeful. It will be a great for grazers this winter. Managed, it will give real early Spring results. Then my vetch will be up -- I see new sprouts now from their self seeding.

Yep, I spend a lot of time going through grasses!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cannot believe it -- all the weather people did it again! We got a few light sprinkles, a lot of clouds and wind. It blew through at warp speed and is gone. So now I have 10 gal of gas to cuss as I dump into the truck tank. Thanks Zeta. I prefer you gone.

Winds! DS had a heavy camper shell on sawhorses out front for sale...winds blew it into my fence, broke 2 posts and I had 20 goats in my front yard when I came in from work. Good grass in an area I've used for pasture in past but, not fenced now. They were chowing down. From looks of the tums it had been happening for a while. Also had gone into feed room and consumed about 20# of scratch feed. Hope they shared! Glad they couldn't dump and open more.

Soon as I pulled in drive they all ran toward the gate to their field. Brats! :confused:. Now I hope they stay in their barn in AM until grass dries some -- like normally do -- to give me time to get a few panels up at the fence damage. Then deal with repairs.

I'm thinking I need a glass of wine. :oops:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poured so hard driving to NC dr appt was a nightmare.....from my house to the NC border/Danville Va area. 40 mph on the roads & water ponding everywhere. 3 accidents probably from hydroplaning type stuff..... Hit the border and rain let up to misty sprinkles but the wind was trying to blow every one off the road!!!! Lots of trees down in yards....Got back and the rain gauge here at the new house said 2.6 inches.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
FEM I'm hoping they shared so I won't have issues. Rare one gets it all when everyone loose. Plus I'm sure it took more than one to make the rest of the mess.

This shell is laying on the fence and one of the posts. Easy walk out! The thing is heavy. So tractor to move it. New posts and of course it's on a curved area, so a beeetch to try to restretch. Not a fun time. :idunnomanure happens. No one's fault. Could be worse.

At least I have everything here to do. Except desire. 😁

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Moon is out and bright. But temps are fridgid.
@Mini Horses sounds like a fun night.... :oops: hoping the goats stay healthy.
School today then pick up branches we cut out of the fences weeks ago. We cleaned up the corn stalks yesterday so have a burn pIle started. A few days in the 60s next week....sounds like an opportunity to go riding.... :p
Need to get back to work on the farmhouse too though....sigh. hopefully DH work will be slowing down soon.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, going for second cup. Got a beef roast in the crockpot, gonna take it out and cut it up, add carrots and potatoes for stew. Going to slaughter last 10 Cornish this morning. It’s cold outside! 38 degrees supposed to warm up in the low 60’s but that will take all day. At least there is no wind, spraying water on chickens to wash them before scalding and plucking is no fun in windy cold. Not looking forward to the day, but will be glad to get this chore behind me. Neighbor Ron coming over to help today. At least with the crockpot stew, lunch and supper will be done.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've all got the cooler temps today. It's a chilly mid 50 here and going to only 60ish. I guess we in the South are easing into the Winter season -- which we tolerate somewhat. Mainly that we can't escape and manage through with distain. ;)

Last night a fast wave of hard rain and heavy wind came through. Woke me up! Seems to have carried on about an hour. Very overcast this morning. Very wet. Geesh...need to get out a take a CP or 2 to block that new hole in the fence. Depending on weather the fixing may happen today or not. At least the goats are cooperating -- so far. I'll move them to another enclosure with hay and satisfy all.

@Baymule it's a decent day for the processing. We know the cooler weather is better for it. Glad you have trained an assistant! 😁. Remember next year there will be 3 with BJ back on line. You could double up production. I could get into it if I had someone to share the experience! It's something I'm on the lookout for, someone who will work with blood and guts. :lol:

@promiseacres I hope you get some ride time. Way back, the cool temps usually prompted a fun ride as the horses were more active. Prancy, fancy....I love an exciting ride. Enjoy while you can. You'll probably have snow, haying and hot water chores soon. Hey, inside the farm house time coming.

Better get the drudge work done. One more coffee first!