Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
PA you can vent here any time. Every one is under pressure, worried and with kids, that is multiplied. You got friends here, we will listen.
@Bruce I don’t know if the other kids were wearing a mask or not. I’m pretty sure the school mandates it.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This is probably an unpopular opinion. But mask mandates are proven to be useless. Covid is a small virus that easily travels through masks. Far more importantly, the death rate is very low. Even among at risk people you are looking at 1 in 1000 or less. Almost exactly the same numbers as this year’s flu. No one wants covid. But might I suggest that the media is using this virus to force people to live in fear and blindly follow any illegal regulations that they throw out there? I believe everyone is so sick of this, we just want the pandemic to end. But the government has taken huge leaps that they shouldn’t have been allowed to, all in the name of our safety. Our safety from a virus that has over a 98% recovery rate at even the most liberal rates. The vaccine that they are pushing has been pushed through the system so fast that the proper safety trials haven’t been done, and people are getting severely sick from them, but the drug companies have been told that they will be protected from any law suits. That scares me. In NY and CA especially there are people coming forward whose families are starving, because of covid. The government has forced most small businesses to shut down, and that has led to families forced into starvation, homelessness, poverty of every variety. All in the name of our safety? Before you bash me, ask yourself, how would a worldwide fear help anyone in government gain power? As a side note, have you noted how fast anything that doesn’t go with the narrative is taken down from large sites, such as video sharing sites and social medias.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am concerned for the economic problems from all of this -- business closures, job losses, resulting inability to have shelter and food. Wearing a mask did not cause that. While not perfect, they do help transmission. Its like a strainer, some foods slide thru, generally not all....dirty? Wash it! Same with washing hands and stay home if sick..that is true with even the common cold. Nothing is perfect but, 50% is better than nothing.

As to the vaccines...yes, rushed. But I have not heard or seen any evidence of many of the testers getting severely sick. :idunno will I take it? Heck, I've never even had a flu shot. Take a guess....? I agree that the numbers of cases are askew. You know some have tested multiple times and are counted every time. For some, it is not severe, others it is. It is a fact the hospitals are full of sick people. I agree no one wants to report numbers on sick and recovered. Where's the sale in that????

The media will report whatever sensation is happening, usually with extremes.

I don't feel your opinion is unpopular or otherwise. Just your opinion. We all have them.

The one I think everyone shares is ---- enough already!!!! Bring back normal. :)

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
The vaccine that they are pushing has been pushed through the system so fast that the proper safety trials haven’t been done, and people are getting severely sick from them,
Do you have a link to evidence of this? I haven't heard anything about it and I'd like to be informed.

While not perfect, they do help transmission.
Absolutely. While most say that the virus is miniscule and can go through the fabric what they are not taking into consideration is that the virus is carried in moisture droplets. The moisture droplets are what is stopped by the mask. That's why it's better to have a mask with multiple layers and to keep your hands off of it!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There will be no return to what we called normal. This is the "new normal" and the bs that goes along with it. I don't see where the masks have helped at all because so many of the places that are getting into some real high "numbers" are the very places that the "lockdowns" and masks and all that were pushed more. We are going to have to get exposed or get the vaccine to HELP slow this down. I would really like to see some real number comparisons on the hospitalizations and death rates of some of the past "infections" and the "normal yearly flu" numbers. I am tired of this being the only thing they want to report, when there are so many other things that have reached huge numbers that have not been promoted.
I am NOT SAYING that it isn't a serious "disease" or infection...... it is highly contagious in as much as people are getting sick from exposure to people that didn't know they were sick.....does anyone remember that it was also the case with other diseases.... like chicken pox???? Kids got it from other kids who were not YET showing symptoms......And german measles was very infectious and it also was spread by many non-symptomatic kids who would show symptoms a day or two later.

Then when you add in the stupid and totally a$$inine comments like Cuomo in NY..... that he won't take the vaccine if it comes from the trump administration...... and then Trump said okay, we will put you at the bottom of the list of the places we are going to distribute it to.....and he is claiming that the administration is now conspiring against NY.....They
are all nuts.....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The vaccine that they are pushing has been pushed through the system so fast that the proper safety trials haven’t been done, and people are getting severely sick from them,
No one has had the vaccine other than those in the trial and the reports are that there is very little in the way of side effects. I do believe they have pushed hard to get a vaccine (I wish they would work as hard on many other diseases) but I do not think they will put it out without proper safety trials. Even when it is started to be distributed most won't have the opportunity to take (or choose to reject it) for many, many months. If there are problems with those that get it first I'm sure we'll hear about it.

And then there is the claim that Covid is no worse, in fact not as bad, than the flu:
In the very worst years 60,000 Americans die from the flu. 250,000 have died to date from Covid since February.

"CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010."
Source: CDC article on the flu

And to those who subscribe to the claim that the number of Covid cases is being inflated to make it looks worse than it is I give you this:

"So far this year, 2.39 million Americans have died of all causes. At the same point in both 2018 and 2019, it was 2.17 million. The difference nearly matches the reported number of COVID-19 victims. (my emphasis on their text so it is easily seen)

When comparing over the course of the full year, 2.84 million people died during all of 2019, and 2.83 million people died in 2018. By using the rate of deaths so far in 2020 and extrapolating through the end of the year (a simple projection), more than 3.1 million people will have died by December 31."

Source: Texas CBS article

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
And one of my farmers has his OWN EYEWITNESS PROOF that on 2 instances, 2 different people were reported as having died from "Covid-19".... one was an elderly man who had chronic heart problems, they were waiting for the call since he had "died" already twice in the recent past.... yet his death certificate listed covid and he had never been tested....and a 22 yr old young guy who died in a car wreck..... hit a tree at over 60 mph..... DRUNK .... listed as covid death.... So don't tell me that there isn't alot of that going on everywhere. It is about the money with that. So those 2 random off the cuff, cases are not necessarily the EXCEPTIONS.... there are too many random cases that get talked about to make that the exception....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
As the population numbers go up, the number of deaths will continue to creep up too. I am not saying that there have not been numerous deaths from Covid.... But in the greatest majority of those cases the persons that have died have had many other different underlying problems.