Coffee anyone ?

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is about the money with that.

What money?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medicare-hospitals-covid-patients/

There seems to be some misunderstanding that somehow, a Covid diagnosis automatically means some certain amount of money will be paid to the doctor or institution that makes that diagnosis. That is FALSE, as indicated by the link above. The way I read it, if a person on Medicare is admitted to a hospital with respiratory illness, Medicare will pay for their treatment, with certain values having been set for certain types of treatment, regardless of whether they have Coronavirus or some other cause for the illness. That's not at all the same thing as a guaranteed additional payment simply because Covid was written on some form somewhere.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Read your article and others on the payment system for the different treatments.... I will not argue it as I have no proof that it is not true that there is "no incentive"..... yet the 2 cases that I cited are definitely not figments of my imagination.... nor that of the farmer who saw the death certificates himself, and the families of both the 2 that died with the false cause of death. And I have heard stories like this other places.... so what is the reasoning .... if not monetary..... for obvious and blatant false causes of death listed....?????

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow...PA doesn't seem 2 yrs....maybe one. I keep losing years. :)

Coffee hot and plentiful...help yourself. Hot tea or cocoa there if you want that instead.

Had frost again this morn but, no clouds and big sun burned it off fast. Much lighter than yesterday.....not as cold for tonight, so no frost tomorrow. I even had about 1/4" of ice on water tubs yesterday. A reminder of days to come. Not favorite days. Get ready. 😁. It's gonna be nice day today! Good..outside all day.

Some egg customers woke up -- 8 dz out the door yesterday. Good because the girls arei Finally cranking up. They sure look great in their new feather finery.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I’ve got a couple dozen duck eggs to sell and a load of dirt coming for random holes in the yard. How’s your morning been shaping up?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weather looks rideable today lol.
I was looking for a recipe for sweet potato rolls online yesterday so I could experiment before Thanksgiving, and found one with 2 ingredients. Flour (self rising) and sweet potato. It was too intriguing to pass up. I had to make my own self rising flour so it was more than two ingredients, but hey.
They turned out not bad. Maybe not bad isn't good enough for Thanksgiving but I think I'll throw them on the table anyway, haha.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try this one ...

6 tsp shortening
4 C mashed sweet potatoes
2 C flour
3 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt

Mix dry ingrediants. Add sugar, shortening to hot sweets. Combine all and knead. Roll to 3/4" thick. Cut and bake 425 degrees for 12-15 min.

If you're like most families, won't be many people to complain if not great. ;)

Have all these sweets on hand, so I may make a batch for Sun breakfast. Haven't had them in a long time.

Actually I could eat one now -- lunch time and just finished unloading a ton of hay, bales! Leftover roast beef instead 😁

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
No frost. :yesss: but we have a layer of fog just on ground level...almost looks like steam. Different look, for sure. Mid 60s later -- I'll take it! It's back to normal.

Many of us are contemplating this year's Thanksgiving celebration. Hopefully everyone can figure a way to be connected safely. For me, it will be unchanged but, small family and all right here, no travel beyond a driveway.

Feed run planned. Walk pastures to view dwindling pastures and growth of rye in closed ones. It's growing...wish I had found seed a month earlier but, it is what it is. Farmer I found grows this each yr so 2021 will be wonderful!. We have some rains coming Sun night...and still warm. Won't hurt! Nice that this is my only big concern. :). It's my day.