Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
1606230108722.png

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I did try a small batch with the squash. I only had 1 cup of squash, so adjusted the recipe. It was goopy, I added more flour. Still goopy, need more flour! Nope, still goopy, more flour! I wound up glopping the goopy dough into paper muffin cups and baked them. Not bad--if you are a horse, pig, chicken, dog or sheep. :lol: Squash as a substitute for sweet potatoes is not a good idea.

I took them to the sheep. Ringo muscled his way to the front, standing on my foot, eating them faster than I could break them in pieces. The ewes got some, Ringo got the most. Glad somebody like them!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA, it sure is good this morning. A storm came through last night, knocked out power to 15,000 people across east Texas. Haven't gone out to check the rain gauge yet, we sure needed the rain. News is predicting a frost Monday night. Guess I'll pick the green tomatoes on Sunday and see if any are big enough that will ripen, can fix fried green tomatoes and give chickens a treat. Thanksgiving is supposed to be sunny, in the 70's. Going to use today to ready everything for us being gone for a couple days. We will leave super early in the morning, spend the night and be back Friday in time to feed. Robert will come over tomorrow evening and feed for us.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning y’all. Now I might have to make cocoa today lol. It’s prep day yay! I also had a super early duck pip yesterday. The quack attack has begun! Hopefully I have enough time to finish my crate to put it in once hatched. Unfortunately, some of the slats I’m using for the indoor brood box smell musty... any ideas on how to fix that before their put on the frame? Anyway, happy thanksgiving and enjoy the coffee!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning y’all. Now I might have to make cocoa today lol. It’s prep day yay! I also had a super early duck pip yesterday. The quack attack has begun! Hopefully I have enough time to finish my crate to put it in once hatched. Unfortunately, some of the slats I’m using for the indoor brood box smell musty... any ideas on how to fix that before their put on the frame? Anyway, happy thanksgiving and enjoy the coffee!
You are out of time! LOL Or I would say to polyurethane the slats. But-----:jumpy

Spray the slats with vinegar, put under a fan to help dry them off. Maybe do one, see how long it takes for the smell to go away, may have to dilute the vinegar.