Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Back to real life, school and speech for us, work for DH. He got over being annoyed about us riding "too long" pretty quick. Rain then snow...need to get hay and clean cages.... might be interesting getting those done...I knew it was coming.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Got the lineleom up in the kitchen. Ran after shavings and other errands yesterdsy. Today need to get rabbit cages cleaned and hay brought from the farm. After school of course. Discovered we were out of milk at supper so ran after groceries after supper and made some cookies.... hoping the weather is better today.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, cold here this morning, it got down to 25, but is already up to 39 degrees and sunny outside. Yesterday we fashioned a hay ring out of half hog panels for the steer. He stomped and pooped on a lot of the first round bale, we are trying the hog panel square, he can reach over the panels. We'll see how that goes. Today our project is to put wire up for a small pen to feed Pearl the skinny horse in, so she can finish her feed without Prince taking it away from her. I've been putting her in the pasture behind the horse barn to feed her, but the rye grass I sowed is trying to come up and I don't want her to stomp on it or eat it before it can even grow. And I have a half hog panel for a gate! LOL I'll staple it halfway up the post so Prince can't just step over it.

@promiseacres you do a lot of cleaning rabbit cages, are they wood frame hutches? Those do get piled up in the corners! When you move to the farm, maybe you can buy rolls of wire and build your own all wire hanging cages. They are SO much easier to keep clean.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule every 7-10 days, they are stackers... and YES we plan on a different set up eventually. The gentleman we got our pup from had a very nice set up, with a system that has two high but it all drops to the floor. I wouldn't mind a gutter system either. Just NO space at this time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
In my mid 20's I raised show rabbits and kept a big barn full. I attached a chicken coop to the rabbit barn, with a door so I could close them off if I wanted to. I single hung wire cages, back to back in rows. The chickens scratched through the rabbit poop, ate dropped feed and fly larva. It GREATLY reduced my work load. The only drawback was ear mites, so I did a monthly preventative mineral oil in all the rabbit's ears, no big deal. It was a great system, I highly recommend it for you, then all you do is gather the eggs and when you need it for the garden, clean under the cages. Simple. Use your time for other more important things.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh no. Poor Daisy. She is about to get real sick, she can survive with good care, call the vet. The little chestnut gelding we have, Prince, had strangles before we bought him. He wasted away to a shadow, but was on the upswing when we bought him. Big hugs to you and Daisy.

Good news on the internet provider, out in the country you don't get much choice, if any at all. The trees here are so tall that even a tower doesn't help us, so satellite it is. I hope this improves your internet service for you.

Latest posts