Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope it's a tooth! Wouldn't be eating well with strangles, normally.

Working all week at a store 40 miles out...long days! But this will most likely be last of these total store rework this year. We are all experienced workers so moving right along!! Makes it good as we will earn more per hr....as we get pd all hours assigned the job, even if done in less time. It's our "bonus" so to say. No untrained to watch, rework.

So -- with earlier start and chores just as it lightens, coffee is critical! 😁 sure do love this good travel mug!!! I'm thinking these events are something I may want to limit -- then the pay is so good when it goes well like this. 🤔. Maybe if only in summer!

Hope everyone is well.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Kid's are having eggos?.. compliments of a friend.
Daisy didn't have a fever when the vet got here as she had the banamine. He looked good at her mouth and didn't see any thorns or teeth issues. He is treating her for a Rhinovirus. We vaccinate for that but it's only good 6 months. :idunno maybe something I need to revaccinate for in the fall.
27° F sigh winter is here I guess. The Internet guys didn't bring what they needed to set things up, and weren't confident any longer of the signal. :he somehow I expected that.
So co-p today then more hay, just got 4 the other day. And the rabbit cages are cleaned.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, we had oatmeal for breakfast. It sure sticks to the ribs, won't be hungry for a good while. Cold here too, up in the 50's later today. We got 1 1/2" of rain yesterday. That will help the clovers and rye grass grow for early spring grazing.

Glad the vet thinks Daisy doesn't have strangles, hope she gets better.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
First hard frost today. Hopefully will thaw out by tonight. As usual I feel totally not prepared. Why does something always come up as you’re going to get ready for winter? Anyway, have to reenforce a goat shelter and take apart part of one for another shelter. Poor geese are frosted, do you guys force them to bed? Mine have never had a separate pen (except when they were sick) and have never wanted one, but they just don’t take shelter. I also have a bunch of holes to fill, but I think my wheelbarrow tire is getting wonky so uh oh. Hope y’all have a great December.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a "balmy" 42 this morn --. Better than 27 yesterday! The heavy frost was very white añd glistening and pretty, especially since only there a couple hrs. Got to bed early last night so better at get up today. 😁

Couple more long days but off Sunday....and back to slack mid week coming up. Then farm work gets done. Always something to do. :yesss:. Thankful I'm able to do it!

Gotta leave for work....everyone enjoy your day!!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee sounds amazing. Been up off and on since 2 not thrilled sun just came up so avout to go feed and freeze lol. Training two asp cting does with the milk stand should be fun. We have decided to bottle feed the kids so we can sale them or have them friendlier even through these two does are friend and they were dam raised. I most aiming for saling and even meat options. Should be fun.

Latest posts