Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is just above freezing at night, high in the low to mid 50's all week. That's cold for us Texans! LOL Coffee is good this morning, need to go get feed today. No rush, what else do we have to do? Hmmmm, not much. LOL LOL Going out soon to do morning chores, then off to the feed store.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres do you use elderberry? It is anti viral, especially for flu. You can buy the dried berries from Amazon and make syrup. Take it daily and triple up on it if you start getting sick. It keeps virus from replicating. We pick wild berries from the side of the back country roads. I wash and freeze them and make syrup as needed. I really need to dig some up and plant them here!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres do you use elderberry? It is anti viral, especially for flu. You can buy the dried berries from Amazon and make syrup. Take it daily and triple up on it if you start getting sick. It keeps virus from replicating. We pick wild berries from the side of the back country roads. I wash and freeze them and make syrup as needed. I really need to dig some up and plant them here!
a friend gave me some syrup last year.. but I'm out. seems like every year about this time I get a "crud" Jocelyn has asthma and I almost wonder if I have it too as the cold air really can get to me. Her asthma is allergy related, but the cold bothers her more than the other two too.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
With all the mask wearing and social distancing I'm thinking the "cold and flu" season will be light this time around.
I've been wondering how this pandemic was going to affect other illnesses that spread the same way as covid-19, whether those will be reduced or not.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Up at Normal time even though we had an opportunity to sleep in.... our dog Maizy need to potty.... :confused: oh well.
I think the only changes in the normal cold season will be that it has a different name. Schools are in person and you can't tell me that 99% of those kids are wearing them properly, washing hands or not ever touching each other. Same with many adults. The mask "might" stop the spit but how to know if that person didn't just cough in their hand before puttting on the mask or sleeve then touch 5 seconds later as they had an itch... then grab the door to the store or the box of cheerios then put it back.... o_O or you get a false positive, live through "the virus" so you think your now immune.... sorry lots of flaws in thinking masks will save us.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was a nice 48 this morning, compliments of the rain last night. Not as much as they thought but, more than I needed. :idunno maybe half inch.

I'm enjoying a slow cup of coffee this morning, no rushing out the door. Have a few things to go do, pick up couple bags of feed....pacing self to relax for weekend. ;) I do need to get a fix for the trucks battery cable. That's important!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I slept until 7. Sunny outside, going to be a crisp lovely day. We went to Sulphur Springs yesterday and got feed, ate a sandwich at Arby's and meandered our way home, stopping at Robert and Sharon's to visit. We unloaded at the sheep barn, then at the horse barn. We managed to blow the whole day on something that normally we are there at 8:00 when the feed store opens, home by 9:30 and unloaded by 10:00. LOL On our agenda for today, build a small pen for Pearl so I can feed her twice a day without Prince running her off her feed. Been putting her in the pasture behind the barn, but the rye and clover I sowed is coming up and I got to keep her off of it.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I splurged on heavy cream for Thanksgiving so am enjoying what's left in my cup.
If the sun shines, even a little I'll ride, otherwise I have a project I started 25 years ago that I pulled out yesterday to noodle over.
Hate to be such a fair weather sissy, but there ya go.