Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on your majesties.
Got the plaster done as far as we could in the upstairs bathroom and down the front stairwell as far as we could reach. Today we are working on the firwood, needs split and stacked. DH is off until Monday. He was informed that he'll get another week's vacation next year. :D =D he was at 3 last year with 10 years in, but they changed policy that you get 4 at 10 years, 3 at 5 years. Better late than never. A good year for it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great news on the extra vacation! That is how it was where I worked with a 5th week at 20 years. They have since changed it to cap at 4 weeks.

But it was pretty much extra vacation in name only for salaried people who were tasked with getting projects done on a schedule and the number of "billable hours" per year affecting the annual rating. Basically every hour taken on vacation was "paid for" with unpaid overtime either before or after the vacation time was taken.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
👑. I claim my coffee! 😌

Overcast, sprinkles all day...in fact, next 4 days. Better get used to it. :idunno:caf

Just gonna try to chill....this is getting to me. Get my vit D! :lol:.

Goats got new bedding yesterday, cause they will be inside a lot, too. Guess I'm ready for the ball to drop! It will be a glass of wine...may be up at midnight, maybe not. No biggie.

Stay safe everyone.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just came in. Pouring rain now, I grabbed a lull in the rain to run, make that SLOP out in the rain, to go feed and do chores. Yesterday, last night and so far this morning, we have gotten 3 inches. More to come!

I heated up the last half cup of coffee after taking off wet clothes. Took chicken out of freezer, going to make orange chicken tonight and egg nog for New Year's Eve while we watch the festivities on TV.

Yesterday I made potstickers and froze half of them. They were good for something different for a change.

Y'all have a great day!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I finally got my wish for real winter. :hide
It quit piddling along and snowed all day yesterday, still snowing now but just dandruff. Haven't measured but it's well more than a foot.
6" overnight.
I got a chance to use my new roof rake that I bought last winter and then ended up not needing because dh got up there and shoveled it all off like the stubborn old guy he is. Was that a run on sentence?

Anyway the rake was pretty effective and kind of fun. Since I was just playing with it I'm sure the fun will cease today when we are out there in earnest taking care of the roof. Dh will use the Avalanche slippy slide thing and I'll use the rake.
Hopefully the snowblower will tackle the piles that come off.
Thanks for the coffee. I'll have another with the Royal Cream please.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Happy New Year's Eve! Although, for you Kiwis and Aussies it's already tomorrow, so Happy New Year! Be nice to be done with 2020, although I expect 2021 is gonna be a lot like 2020 for awhile. But, halfway through the year, things should be more or less back to more or less normal, I hope?

This will be the first big fireworks event since we got the sheeples, I may put their names and phone number on their collars in case they somehow escape from running about because of the fireworks. In Hawaii, it seems like just everyone has these big fireworks (4" to 6" mortars) like what most places set off in their town parks. Illegal, of course, but they seem to be everywhere and loads of them. On the island of Oahu in the city of Honolulu (the only real city in Hawaii) folks have to stay inside if they have breathing problems because of the amount of smoke in the air. The streets are covered in red firecracker paper the next morning. It's supposed to chase evil spirits away and you have to shoot off more firecrackers than your neighbors or their evil spirits will just move next door.

We're on a hillside so we will get a good view of lots of fireworks tonight. Lots of them are noisy, so the sheep will probably not like it. Although, they're pretty mellow sheep, maybe they will sleep through it? The rabbits aren't fond of it, either, but most of them have experienced fireworks before.

Today's task is to start cutting a path through the tall grass so we will be able to access the workshop/clubhouse from the sheep pasture since the neighbor is going to fence off their property next month. Originally, the workshop was owned by one of the neighbor's family members. Their driveway was used to access the workshop in the back and the little house in the front. But, when the property sold, it no longer has a driveway to the back of the property without using the neighbor's driveway. We haven't gotten a new driveway put in yet since driveways up hills are expensive. The little house in the front of the property has a set of stairs going up so it can be accessed by the stairs. The workshop in back can be accessed through our sheep pasture as soon as we cut through the tall grass between the sheep fence and the back of the workshop. I put a gate wide enough for a truck and trailer at the back of the sheep pasture when building the sheep fence and they've thinned the grasses in their area pretty well but it's gonna be about a three day to a week's project to clear the grass from the gate to the back of the workshop.

After it's cleared, then it will be fenced so the sheeples can keep the grass down, we hope. We may need more sheeples. So, 2021 will kinda be a continuation of 2020's projects. But, dates are just a human invention anyway.