Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good catch for the ram lamb. Hope he gets past it okay.
I feel confident that he will. He sure got a belly full of home remedies! LOL Plus I ran him around, off and on, for hours. He looked much better this evening. Once when I went to check on him, Sheba and Sentry were laying next to his pen, they knew he was sick. :love

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Need to get moving, early orthodontic appt for ds.
Got those cages cleaned, today we'll get the firewood brought in. Yesterday I was distracted and ended up cleaning and vaccumed our bedroom. FYI though I am not sure how the farmhouse will get "finished" I do know there will not be any textured walls or popcorn ceilings...o_O o_O hate it...I have to vaccum the dust and cobwebs off the ceiling...such a pain.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My ram lamb is ok this morning. Sheba and Sentry were on the other side of the fence from him, keeping close to him.

@promiseacres look into a stomp finish on the walls. I did the bedrooms in our old house in a stomp, after a leak in the ceiling brought down the ceiling dry wall and flooded them. It finished out like a stucco look. I liked it, it was fairly easy, looked nice when i finished AND was easy to keep clean.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello there. Is anyone on here not up to their necks in mud? At least it should help the garden is what I keep telling myself. Have to get some hay and corn today, and then I should be picking up another duck. I think I need to bring a friend along so I don’t come home with 5. I already improved my duck pen. Also, need to find cheap bedding, my yard is mud! The chicken coop smells so bad right now because of the heat and mud and everything, it needs cleaned, but I have to find something cheap to refill it. Hope y’all have a nice day!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No mud here, we have sand for soil. Rain either soaks right in or runs off. But chicken pens do get icky. Try leaves, pine straw or put in a bale of pine shavings. @messybun where are you located? Could you put your general location on your avatar?

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool here this morning, ...for some crazy reason three of the dogs rolled in something nasty and extremely stinky...yuck,...so three baths are done , I'm soaked and ready to hit the shower myself...then start afternoon chores lol...have a great day all .....oh, got to find another chicken killer who takes the heads only, it's hitting here and neighbors....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
D@#N hawk here was doing the heads on the meat birds. Skunk was working on the bodies.

Can't see worth a darn..... eye dr appt this morning..... eye drops and all, and the dialation is such a PITA. But everything good, said to keep doing what I'm doing because everything was very good, excellent, etc and so forth. Prescription still the same.... 6-8 years running now.... said to come see him next year....
So, I am trying to do some stuff here at the house, Can't see to read the computer so I will get off and try later.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today was beautiful, we cleaned the loose waste hay from the sheep barn, filled the mule with it and spread it on the pipeline. We dumped Goldie the steer's water tub and refilled it. We filled the trash can next to his pen with feed, and took 3 bags of feed from the sheep barn to the horse barn and filled a trash can. Then we went to Tractor Supply for dog food. What was so great about yesterday and today, is that BJ hasn't felt good since his hip replacement surgery and he had a bad reaction to the medicine they put him on. It was Meloxicam and he gained TEN POUNDS, was bloated, felt sick all the time, had insomnia, was tired, had sharp chest pains that were scary. He stopped taking it and his family doctor prescribed something for the heartburn, that took care of the bloat, chest pains and feeling sick all the time. He lost the weight, but has just felt blah. So for the last 2 days, I almost have the ol' BJ back.

My little ram lamb was down this morning. I figured bloat and drenched him with mineral oil, waited about an hour and drenched him again. Each time I walked him around the pen for 30 minutes. Sheba and Sentry came in to help. He pooped out some dog logs, but his belly was still distended, so I mixed up some baking soda water and drenched him with that. I repeated that a couple of hours later, each time crowding him and making him move. When I went out to feed this evening, he was laying down, ruminating, I guess he ate some hay, cause I sure didn't feed him. I got him up and was pleased to see his bulging belly had gone way down. He got another baking soda drench and there is baking soda in his pan. I think he's gonna make it.
Glad you were on to of it, and he is doing better. It is so scary how fast they can get into serious trouble.

Latest posts