Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee PA. You have a full dumpster? That’s a good thing! How much more plaster to tear out?
Every thing is white. Snowy and beautiful outside, but the sky is just a continuation of white. @Bruce if I had to look at the sky like this for months, it sure would get gloomy. But the sunshine will be back tomorrow! It’s 34 now, climbing to 43 and drop to 27 tonight. Small clumps of snow are already falling from the trees. No ice under the snow but it will freeze to ice tonight. It sure is pretty right now. It won’t be so pretty in a little while when I start hauling hot water and busting ice so the animals can get a drink. LOL

84E6FBAE-6DFF-4E18-99FE-652D65AD2A4B.jpeg

AD143BAB-1531-418C-807C-1B965ABBD2FA.jpeg

465269DC-C433-4A58-8D27-0734EBFFB4D7.jpeg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So these work on home canning jar lids cuz that's what I'm talking about I've never had any issue with regular lids but these have been on here for about 8 years. The contents are history but I'd love to reclaim those jars.
It should. I suspect back when mine was patented canning lids were about the only type around. The one I found online has the same mechanics as mine. Turn the handle clockwise and the gears open the clamping parts out to about 4". Twist the handle counterclockwise and the gears pull the clamping parts tight on the lid, the handle gives you mechanical advantage to unscrew it. The hard part is getting a grip on the round glass jar with your other hand.

Not pitch black at 5p.m. anymore...
It is here!!

In this picture it seems incredible to think that he could clear the jump
Exactly what I was thinking looking at the picture!

he says if it’s going to be cold, it ought to at least have pretty snow.
Can't disagree with that! Though there is the possibility of too much. A nice sprinkling of an inch or so every few days keeps the ground nicely white.

You have a full dumpster? That’s a good thing!
Until the bill shows up! Good to get rid of the stuff but at least here it costs a bundle to get it emptied. It cost me nearly $400 for a 10 yard dumpster when I cleaned out the prior house.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule The plaster is mostly finished of the upstairs ( just behind the tub to do), so probably a bit more past half finished with plaster. We have a 2 yard dumpster that gets dumped every other week, so we try really hard to get it filled every couple of weeks. it's $76 per month, it's over 50 to get a "regular" can so the dumpster isn't that much more to pay, and it holds more than twice more than a typical can. We can fill it above the rim and also put another can beside if need be. It's worked well for moving the plaster, I think it holds 2-3 rooms worth of plaster. Anyways it works. DH told me I need to pick out a new front door.

The Angry Hen

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm really sorry for intruding, but I was wondering if anyone could let me know how to delete my account on here? I continue to belong to BYC, but with hectic life happenings, I find myself not using BYH a whole lot.
I'd appreciate any help.
I used 'Contact Us' to send in a message, but wanted to ask here just in case... thank you and have a good evening.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@theangryhen, why delete it? Just don't visit. But you can "unwatch" any thread if you're getting email notes. Hey, you may want to stop in and say hi now and then. ;)

We're having a good week of temps here....like a lot of the country. I'll take it, actually deserve it. 😁. Rain predicted last week has evaporated, like that part. Sunshine is here, too. It makes me want to get outside!

Hope everyone else is having a delightful day! :frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a few patches of snow left. We need to go get feed and dog food today. I slept late, normally I’d have chores done and we’d already be on our way. The feed store is an hour away. Going to be a beautiful sunny day!

The Angry Hen

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@theangryhen, why delete it? Just don't visit. But you can "unwatch" any thread if you're getting email notes. Hey, you may want to stop in and say hi now and then. ;)

We're having a good week of temps here....like a lot of the country. I'll take it, actually deserve it. 😁. Rain predicted last week has evaporated, like that part. Sunshine is here, too. It makes me want to get outside!

Hope everyone else is having a delightful day! :frow

I suppose that is quite true! I'm just trying to narrow down my internet usage, stay more grounded to being present.
Who knows though... I may have sheep one day and visit BYH frequently!
Thank you for your response. :)

Also, hello and good morning to everyone!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Warmer temps Today, all the way to above freezing.
Got the firewood in. School, and a 4H photo, we were asked to bring the kids and their bunnies as a local bank is donating to the council & they want a photo. Then probably get the cages cleaned.

Latest posts